cometcruiser01

Honorable
May 30, 2012
This problem is brand new and extremely unfamiliar to me. I've had this computer for two years and either the problem just started or I never paid attention. My sound whether running a video game or not, tends to pop alot. I've ran latencymon and it always says my dxgkrnl.exe (directx graphics kernel) and nvlddmkm.exe (nvidia windows kernel mode driver) are my highest problems, usually the nvidia the most. I am running the Nvidia GTX 470 graphics card.

I haven't the slightest what to do, I've tried driver updating, overclocking (even though I still don't understand the concept of it or didn't do the right settings for that matter) and pretty much everything but the popping is getting very annoying. Latencymon says "One problem maybe related to power management, disable cpu throttling settings in control panel and bios setup. Check for bios updates." Well, my power saver is set to the maximum performance so I don't see an issue there and I have no clue how to check for bios updates or disable cpu throttling. Any help would be appreciated as this is all completely new to me!

theloniouscoltrane

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013

Me too. Did you ever fix the problem?