Following someone.... off a cliff?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 20, 2005 1:01:00 PM

I have been playing WoW for about a month or so now, and found that by
highlighting a character, right-clicking on their image and selecting
"Follow" you can follow that character about (while you go make a cup
of tea or something :-), providing they don't get too far-away from
you.

The question is.... if someone is following you, in say ThunderBluff,
and you decide to take a header off the cliff does that person blindly
follow you? :-D

Was just wondering this, because when you do something as a kid, you
blame it on someone else doing it as well and your parents always
shouteed at you saying "If they jumped off a cliff would you?" .... so
would you?

More about : cliff

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 20, 2005 4:07:27 PM

Yea they will follow you anywhere until you get out of range, it's funny to
use a parachute cloak and jump off a cliff while somebody is following you
lol. You float...they drop :)

"Alastair" <alastair_anderson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have been playing WoW for about a month or so now, and found that by
> highlighting a character, right-clicking on their image and selecting
> "Follow" you can follow that character about (while you go make a cup
> of tea or something :-), providing they don't get too far-away from
> you.
>
> The question is.... if someone is following you, in say ThunderBluff,
> and you decide to take a header off the cliff does that person blindly
> follow you? :-D
>
> Was just wondering this, because when you do something as a kid, you
> blame it on someone else doing it as well and your parents always
> shouteed at you saying "If they jumped off a cliff would you?" .... so
> would you?

June 20, 2005 8:13:10 PM

"Jesse Roos" <rooster5@ptd.net> wrote:
> Yea they will follow you anywhere until you get out of range, it's funny
> to use a parachute cloak and jump off a cliff while somebody is following
> you lol. You float...they drop :)

See also

http://pa.gallati.net/downloads/Run.wmv (17MB)

:-)

CU

René

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 20, 2005 9:01:07 PM

omfg that is so hilarious. i can't read french, but no translation was
needed hehe.

"Rene" <invalid@email.addr> wrote in message
> "Jesse Roos" <rooster5@ptd.net> wrote:
> > Yea they will follow you anywhere until you get out of range, it's funny
> > to use a parachute cloak and jump off a cliff while somebody is
following
> > you lol. You float...they drop :)
>
> See also
>
> http://pa.gallati.net/downloads/Run.wmv (17MB)
>
> :-)
>
> CU
>
> René

a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 20, 2005 9:30:49 PM

"Rene" <invalid@email.addr> wrote in message
> "Jesse Roos" <rooster5@ptd.net> wrote:
> > Yea they will follow you anywhere until you get out of range, it's funny
> > to use a parachute cloak and jump off a cliff while somebody is
following
> > you lol. You float...they drop :)
>
> See also
>
> http://pa.gallati.net/downloads/Run.wmv (17MB)

That's great lol!
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 20, 2005 9:45:06 PM

That is a classic. Too funny.

"Rene" <invalid@email.addr> wrote in message
> "Jesse Roos" <rooster5@ptd.net> wrote:
>> Yea they will follow you anywhere until you get out of range, it's funny
>> to use a parachute cloak and jump off a cliff while somebody is following
>> you lol. You float...they drop :)
>
> See also
>
> http://pa.gallati.net/downloads/Run.wmv (17MB)
>
> :-)
>
> CU
>
> René

June 21, 2005 1:55:12 AM

"Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote:
> omfg that is so hilarious. i can't read french, but no translation was
> needed hehe.

Yeah, it's fun. I think I picked this video up in this NG, not sure anymore
where I got it from. Sorry for not crediting

> "Rene" <invalid@email.addr> wrote in message
> > "Jesse Roos" <rooster5@ptd.net> wrote:
> > > Yea they will follow you anywhere until you get out of range, it's
> > > funny to use a parachute cloak and jump off a cliff while somebody is
> following
> > > you lol. You float...they drop :)
> >
> > See also
> >
> > http://pa.gallati.net/downloads/Run.wmv (17MB)
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > CU
> >
> > René
> >
> > --
> > -------------------- http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------
> > Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
June 21, 2005 5:40:20 AM

That clip was fantastic....
The whole reason I was thinking about the whole "Follow" action was to
get a Conga line or something going round Ogrimmar and see how big it
got or something..... but that was much funnier!!

:-D

-------------
Garhartra (lvl 28 Undead Warlock) <Horde of Honour> on Shadowsong
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 21, 2005 5:06:15 PM

On 20 Jun 2005 21:55:12 GMT, Rene <invalid@email.addr> wrote:

>"Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> omfg that is so hilarious. i can't read french, but no translation was
>> needed hehe.
>
>Yeah, it's fun. I think I picked this video up in this NG, not sure anymore
>where I got it from. Sorry for not crediting

I posted a link to it a while back - it is from
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/

Original link (with author name too; "Niallith"):
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1746

And then we got that cleared up too :p

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

Simon Nejmann <snejmann@worldonline.dk> wrote:
> On 20 Jun 2005 21:55:12 GMT, Rene <invalid@email.addr> wrote:
>
> >"Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> omfg that is so hilarious. i can't read french, but no translation
> >> was needed hehe.
> >
> >Yeah, it's fun. I think I picked this video up in this NG, not sure
> >anymore where I got it from. Sorry for not crediting
>
> I posted a link to it a while back - it is from
> http://www.warcraftmovies.com/
>
> Original link (with author name too; "Niallith"):
> http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1746
>
> And then we got that cleared up too :p

Jup. Thanks - again :)

!