Sign in with
Your question

Which is better, the GTX 680 or the XFX Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 31, 2012 4:39:10 AM

I've asked this already but I think I can make this into a much better discussion, so I'm obviously trying to figure out which is the better GPU, the GTX 680 or tht XFX Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition. So what are the major differences between the cards, what advantages do they have over eachother, and features the other does not, i want you to use your bias and argue one side over the other, but still pose an argument that states what the other card has that the one you're arguing for does not. I want a really good discussion and I want some really well formulated arguments. Convince me that one is better than the other.
Thanks,
Jerod
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2012 4:52:33 AM

Why cant you do your own research since it is your money youll be spending. You already asked this same question on another thread and had some good answers.
May 31, 2012 4:57:52 AM

vrumor said:
Why cant you do your own research since it is your money youll be spending. You already asked this same question on another thread and had some good answers.

I have done my own research, but I like other peoples opinions and I'd like to hear them, and if you don't want to comment don't comment. I know the specs on both but I want to hear other peoples bias and opinion, but I wanted a better question then my first thread of this. It's a discussion now, not a question.
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2012 5:20:08 AM

Actually this this is going to get deleted. And i don't like your tone towards another member. We don't come here to get treated like were corporate. We come here to make a difference. I don't appreciate your attitude but the real reason this thread will be closed to prevent a AMD vs NVIDIA thread. we have had too much of this come in and learned out lesson and just plan to stop it before it happens.

Bottom line: 680 beats 7970. 7970 when clocked at 680 is on par. So = Both are good cards. End of Story. NVIDIA has better drivers, AMD has more cards at different price points for more "Bang for buck"

End Of Story!
Related resources
!