Fps drop

all of a sudden today on games my gpu usage is 99% all the time and i have considerable lower fps help please
5 answers Last reply
More about drop
  1. Before I answer, I need to know the following information-

    -what are the specs of your rig?

    -Have you recently installed a new driver for your graphic card?

    -are you running more applications on the background?
  2. shamsmu said:
    Before I answer, I need to know the following information-

    -what are the specs of your rig?

    -Have you recently installed a new driver for your graphic card?

    -are you running more applications on the background?

    amd athlon II x4 630 2.8ghz
    nvidia gtx 560
    4gb ram
    windows 7

    yes i installed the most recent driver for it

    not more than usual
  3. fighterpilot56 said:
    amd athlon II x4 630 2.8ghz
    nvidia gtx 560
    4gb ram
    windows 7

    yes i installed the most recent driver for it

    not more than usual


    hmm that sounds kind of weird, The fps usually drops when you run some resource consuming applications on your background.

    The only advice I can give you now is-

    Uninstall and then reinstall the gpu driver.
    Then if the problem still exists, then try to roll back to the older driver.

    p.s My gtx 580 is rendering 2-3 less fps after I installed the latest 300.42 drivers. Maybe your problem is somehow related to mine?
  4. Like said, try rolling back to a previous driver, like the 296.10 or 295.73.
  5. Gman450 said:
    Like said, try rolling back to a previous driver, like the 296.10 or 295.73.

    i figured out that it only happens if my computer is on for more than a day and if i turn it off it works again
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Games FPS Graphics