Mysterious Guild addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Ok, so I log in to one of my alt characters, running around completeing
quests and such when a guild chat comes up. The strange thing was that
this character isn't part of a guild, the other person in the guild
chat, asks if I added him to the guild, I said no, that I actually
didn't remember joining a guild. 'lo and behold that person didn't
remember joining the guild either. After a bit another person logs in
and asks how they got added to this guild. Kind of strange if you ask
me, I would have thought nothing of it... someone guild spams me and
I'm busy fighting or such, no telling where I might manage to click to
get the popup to go away ... but three of us?

Anything like this happen to others?

Did you sign a Guild Charter? I've done that and later found myself
actually in that guild without expressly joining it myself. (I think.
But, yes, I have had what you experienced happen.)

In article <1119285152.653288.27090@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
kyle.monson@gmail.com says...
> Ok, so I log in to one of my alt characters, running around completeing
> quests and such when a guild chat comes up. The strange thing was that
> this character isn't part of a guild, the other person in the guild
> chat, asks if I added him to the guild, I said no, that I actually
> didn't remember joining a guild. 'lo and behold that person didn't
> remember joining the guild either. After a bit another person logs in
> and asks how they got added to this guild. Kind of strange if you ask
> me, I would have thought nothing of it... someone guild spams me and
> I'm busy fighting or such, no telling where I might manage to click to
> get the popup to go away ... but three of us?
>
> Anything like this happen to others?

You helped someone out by signing a guild charter which is what adds you
to the guild. You probably did it a while ago and had forgotten.
Sometimes people don't get enough signatures for a while and turn it in
much later.

--
Rob Berryhill

I'm pretty sure signing a guild charter DOES add you automatically to that
guild.

"Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm pretty sure signing a guild charter DOES add you automatically to that
> guild.

Yes it does. when you sign a guild charter you are automaticly join the
guild when the guild is finaly created, the only way to avoid this is to
join a different guild in the meantime, which will remove your signature
from the previous guild charter, or delete the char.

> <trawetstrebor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Did you sign a Guild Charter? I've done that and later found myself
>> actually in that guild without expressly joining it myself. (I think.
>> But, yes, I have had what you experienced happen.)

the only way to avoid this is to
> join a different guild in the meantime, which will remove your signature
> from the previous guild charter, or delete the char.

You can type /gquit after the guild is formed