Installed Programs show up in all profiles.

When a program is installed on my WinXP Pro computer, the program shows up in
all the profiles. I want the program to only be seen in the profile that it
was logged into when the program was installed. Most programs I come across
do NOT allow the option for “All Users on Computer�, or “Only the user
currently logged in�, when the program is being installed.
3 answers Last reply
More about installed programs show profiles

    Cut the shortcuts from;
    %AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs
    and paste them in;
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs

    (note: this doesn't prevent the user from executing the program's EXE to
    start it up.)

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mike L" wrote:
    | When a program is installed on my WinXP Pro computer, the program shows up
    in
    | all the profiles. I want the program to only be seen in the profile that
    it
    | was logged into when the program was installed. Most programs I come
    across
    | do NOT allow the option for "All Users on Computer", or "Only the user
    | currently logged in", when the program is being installed.

    Installing and running software in Windows XP
    http://www.rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

    [[This page is an attempt to explain how software should be installed and
    used in a Windows XP system.]]

    Subjects include:
    1. Installing software for everybody
    2. Running software in limited user accounts
    3. Restricting access to some programs
    4. FAQ's and issues

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:7BACF353-6040-4641-94F2-2BA7E00B7896@microsoft.com,
    Mike L <Cadel@nospam.nospam> hunted and pecked:
    > When a program is installed on my WinXP Pro computer, the program shows
    > up in all the profiles. I want the program to only be seen in the
    > profile that it was logged into when the program was installed. Most
    > programs I come across do NOT allow the option for “All Users on
    > Computer�, or “Only the user currently logged in�, when the program
    > is being installed.

    Hi,

    Remove them from the runkeys here:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)