PSU - BQ Power 7 vs XFX Pro Core

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Hello all,
Been a while since I've posted here, good to be back. :)
Anyway I'm in charge of choosing a PSU for a friend as a birthday present, we are giving him a used graphics card to upgrade and he needs more power. ATM he only has a 250w PSU. (His pc is an HP office type computer, previously had a >30W gpu.)

New Specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.6ghz (I dont know exactly which one it is....)
Nvidia GTX 260 (Runs with 2x6 pins and pulls "182 Watts." :-0)
M-Atx ASUS OEM Mobo (HP... I know, I wasn't there when he bought his PC, I'm not a bad friend! :p)
2x3GB DDR2 Cheap crap ram
1TB SATA Drive, Card reader, a few peripherals.

I'm thinking at least 600w, as he will obviously want to upgrade more in the future without buying a new power supply. I live in Germany within the maelstrom of BeQuiet advertising, and I've narrowed my choices down to:
600 Watt be Quiet Power 7 80+ Silver - Two Rails - Very quiet
650 Watt XFX Pro Core Edition 80+ Bronze - One Rail

I read an extensive review of the XFX that was very positive, claiming the unit was "very stable" under load.
I really like the fact that the BeQuiet is 80+ silver (90% efficiency claimed) especially since its a small bit cheaper than the XFX. That being said, I'm finding tons of good reviews for the XFX.

Any way to break the tie? Does anyone here own one of these?

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to choose the XFX PSU here. When it comes to PSU's, high ratings vs no ratings (that I could find in a few quick searches), I'll take the one with good ratings every time. PSU's aren't the place for a wild card and from what I have read, BeQuiet units, although usually good, don't seem to be consistant in design quality.
But that's just me