Solved

Budget Gameing PC < $700

I am wanting to build a budget gaming PC. My current laptop's GPU barely meets requirements to play diablo 3. I don't want to build the ultimate Gaming PC, just one that will last a awhile and is easily upgradable in the future. I am thinking of doing it before Sept but if deals are better afterwards I am fine then too. I haven't built a PC since 2004 and I am a bit out of date with current terms and tech. Any help is appreciated.

Approximate Purchase Date: By Sept, or later if deals get better later.

Budget Range: $500-700 Before rebates, monitor, and shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, and everyday operations.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: No, I have a Win 7 key

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Wherever has better price/deals

Parts Preferences: Biggest Bang for buck

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: Need suggestions

Additional Comments: Building to play Diablo 3, be upgradable.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Laptop GPU is too old.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget gameing
  1. Hi,
    I will say that less than 700 is pretty tight if that cost has to include a monitor as well. Although Diablo 3 is no problem, but for more system intensive games, I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable recommending a system in that budget. At bare minimum I would want to recommend to you an Intel i5 with a 7850 video card, and between those alone thats going to eat up about half of the $700 budget.

Are you final on the $700?
  2. nekulturny said:
    Hi,
    I will say that less than 700 is pretty tight if that cost has to include a monitor as well. Although Diablo 3 is no problem, but for more system intensive games, I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable recommending a system in that budget. At bare minimum I would want to recommend to you an Intel i5 with a 7850 video card, and between those alone thats going to eat up about half of the $700 budget.

Are you final on the $700?

The $700 is before monitor. He has a separate budget for the monitor.
  3. Oh, I see.. I can work with that then. Gimme a few minutes.
  4. The $700 is not set, I just dont have too much to spend. The budget doesnt include the monitor. The $700 is just for the PC itself. I dont plan on playing anything more intense than Diablo. If I could I would upgrade my 2004 gaming pc, but to upgrade it would be basically building a new PC.
  5. Actually, my last post was somewhat errant. I technically cannot see. (Glasses broke the other day) :lol:

This comes in a little overbudget, but its a powerhouse and ready to give you good gaming quality for a good 3-4 years (about what one can expect from a gaming build)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cPIS

You can drop down on the video card to a 6870 if you wish, that would get you back in your budget range:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102948
  6. Best answer
    CASE: Rosewill challenger $50
    CPU: core i3 2120 $124
    MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX $70
    GPU: gtx 560ti $245, $215 after MIR
    PSU: Corsair 500W $60, $50 after MIR
    RAM: G SKILL Ripjaws 8bg $45
    HDD: Samsung 500GB $70
    Optical drive: Lite on 24x $18
    Shipping: ~$10

Total: $692, Total after MIR: $652

Monitor: Acer 20" LCD, LED backlit $110

Just some more quick input! You can use this build or combine it with nekulturny's!
  7. Best answer selected by madcar86.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product