BombsFury

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
I'm having a problem with packet loss, which make it pretty hard for me to do anything doesn't matter what, i most of time play games, like Starcraft 2, so, thats what i did:

I tried linking my computer cable directly to the modem, this fixed the problem, then i realized that could be the router (since it was like 6 years old DLINK MODEL: DI 604), then i bought a new router and tried it out the problem persist, then i tried look up the setups in the routers i see no problems, never had this problem, and from what i tested it doesn't point out a problem in the ISP, i am pretty sure it's here, not coincidence or something, 2 days ago i had this problem too, it had a duration of like 6 hours and then it simply fixed, yesterday i had no problems, and today again, like 15:00 pm i had like 50% packet loss and i was what the hell is going on ( so the problem looks very much random) , i really don't know how to fix this i am not sure what else i could do, i even tried lookin up for viruses or things like that but nothing was fixed.

Oh by the way, my network has 3 computers, 1 is windows 7 and 2 others are windows XP SP3, i use a router DLINK MODEL DI 604, it is directly cabled we do not use wireless connection, the problem only seems to be with the upload, not with the download and i tried ping -t google.com had no packet loss, my connection is automatic dhcp, well if theres any other kind of information i could give to you to help me out, id appreciate it!

Thank you in advance! :D

BombsFury

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
No, i just had a support from the ISP, and they said they don't have enough bandwidth for the city lol, and that they don't know when they will fix this, said they are switching systems, guess no much i can do right lol, what a BS those people are, lol and they even made me buy a new router which didnt fixed nothing..

schm1tty

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
You could always try a less congested cable provider. Verizon is the newest ISP in my area and here they have much less congestion. I am not able to switch providers because I do not own my home, but I would if I got the opportunity.

Oh, and just for shits, you should call up your ISP, tell them you are not happy with the service that is provided for you, tell them your real time speeds etc., and try to get them to lower your bill or give you a premium service. Don't forget to mention that you are debating switching ISP's because of your underwhelming speeds and services!!!!!! I have had this work for me before!

Good luck!!

BombsFury

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Thanks for the info! But i'm from Brazil, my internet connection is 10MB, i don't have problems downloading nothing, reaches 1mb/s no problem, but this packet loss makes it pretty bad to play games which are very sensitive to this kind of thing, thanks for your attention!