Sign in with
Your question

"Display Driver has stopped working and has recovered"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 31, 2012 9:38:55 AM

Hey guys,

I've been playing WoW on Ultra graphics for over a month now, and my games graphics blurs around I lose my UI and my screen flashes black every now and then. After I close the program I read the error :

"Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42 stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Now the weird part is the WoW Beta is working at Ultra graphics fine as well as all of my other games it is just WoW retail. I have done all the methods from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946 but it hasn't resolved the problem.

I have tried updating my drivers, I have tried repairing WoW folders, it only seems to be happening if the graphics are on anything higher than Fair. Again as I said earlier the weirdest part is I am running the Beta for the new expansion in the highest graphics and I have ran WoW retail on the highest graphics until today. Very odd.

Rosza

a c 115 U Graphics card
May 31, 2012 9:53:57 AM

If it's working fine in the beta version but not the live version then it's most likely a problem with the current live version that has been fixed in the beta version. This is extremely common, especially with MMORPGs. If it's bothering you that much then I suggest you roll back the drivers to an earlier version or wait for the beta version to be pushed live
May 31, 2012 6:00:34 PM

Yeah i had a simular issue involving a select few games and the others worked fine, but this was with my ATI setup not sure it will fix yours but what solved my problem was i slightly downclocked my gpus from their stock settings and the suspect games the display driver crashed on stopped and it works perfectly now
!