Llane server weirdness

I was tooling around Western Plaguelands with my Dwarf Warrior the other
day and ended up dying when I got more adds than I could handle.
Released my spirit and popped out at Chillwind camp graveyard (as you
do) and noticed immediately that my body wasn't on the minimap. I went
over to where I died and my body wasn't even there.

OK, stuff it. A bit of server weirdness. So I logout (didn't want the
durability hit by rezzing at the spirit healer, figuring it would sort
itself out after a while) and play my Tauren Shaman on Uldum for a
while. When I get back to Llane and login to my Warrior, he is alive and
standing in the spot where he supposedly died!

OK, more weirdness. So I play for probably another 3 or 4 hours, and end
up in STV fighting that big elite gorilla on the island. He's a bit too
tough for me (same level, 51)and I die, so I click "release spirit" and
expect to need to make a short run from the graveyard next to the BB
entrance. No chance. I find myself back at Chillwind camp!

I briefly contemplated running from Western Plaguelands to Booty Bay,
and decided to take the durability hit after all :)

--
Doc
3 answers Last reply

    Doc wrote:
    > I was tooling around Western Plaguelands with my Dwarf Warrior the other
    > day and ended up dying when I got more adds than I could handle.
    > Released my spirit and popped out at Chillwind camp graveyard (as you
    > do) and noticed immediately that my body wasn't on the minimap. I went
    > over to where I died and my body wasn't even there.

    I'm on Llane and have had this happen a half dozen times to my
    Paladin, including once in Western Plaguelands. I'd be surprised if
    it's anything Llane-specific. The typical solution is, indeed, to log
    out and log back in.

    > OK, stuff it. A bit of server weirdness. So I logout (didn't want the
    > durability hit by rezzing at the spirit healer, figuring it would sort
    > itself out after a while) and play my Tauren Shaman on Uldum for a
    > while. When I get back to Llane and login to my Warrior, he is alive and
    > standing in the spot where he supposedly died!

    I have also seen this happen once with the above solution; pleasant
    surprise.

    > OK, more weirdness. So I play for probably another 3 or 4 hours, and
    > end up in STV fighting that big elite gorilla on the island. He's a
    > bit too tough for me (same level, 51)and I die, so I click "release
    > spirit" and expect to need to make a short run from the graveyard
    > next to the BB entrance. No chance. I find myself back at Chillwind
    > camp!

    This, I'm glad to say, I've never seen (despite having died many times
    against that Jaguero Island elite gorilla; in my case it took seven
    players rated low-40s to 50+ to take him down, with a five-player
    group reliably wiping)! Indeed, quite weird.

    --
    <URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *
    Cpu(s): 2.0% us, 1.0% sy, 0.4% ni, 95.0% id, 1.5% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0% si

    I managed to fall through the lift leaving the Undercity and died, no
    'release spirit' button appeared, just my body moving up a down on the
    lift. :-(

    My body was a proper corpse the next day after opening a ticket and I
    was able to make the ghost run back.

    Still annoying though, and another reason not to bother with the UC.

    Baruch

    Yeechang Lee <ylee@pobox.com> stared blankly into space for a short
    while before writing:
    > Doc wrote:
    >> OK, more weirdness. So I play for probably another 3 or 4 hours,
    >> and end up in STV fighting that big elite gorilla on the island.
    >> He's a
    >> bit too tough for me (same level, 51)and I die, so I click "release
    >> spirit" and expect to need to make a short run from the graveyard
    >> next to the BB entrance. No chance. I find myself back at Chillwind
    >> camp!
    >
    > This, I'm glad to say, I've never seen (despite having died many
    > times against that Jaguero Island elite gorilla; in my case it took
    > seven players rated low-40s to 50+ to take him down, with a
    > five-player
    > group reliably wiping)! Indeed, quite weird.

    He wasn't that hard, I got him to about 30% health before I died (I was
    hoping to get him to 20%, as a critical execute on full rage often nets
    me more than 2000 damage, and that may have been enough to finish him
    off). I went back there *much* later and joined 2 others - i think they
    were a 51 Hunter and a 50 Paladin - and we killed the big guy easily...
    in fact the hunter got feared or something and ran off, aggroing a
    couple of apes, and he spent most of the time fighting the adds.

    Anyway, the point was that even though I died in Southern STV, my ghost
    appeared in Chillwind camp, with the arrow for my body pointing south
    off the minimap.

    --
    Doc

Servers Video Games