Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Llane server weirdness

Tags:
  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
June 21, 2005 1:35:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

I was tooling around Western Plaguelands with my Dwarf Warrior the other
day and ended up dying when I got more adds than I could handle.
Released my spirit and popped out at Chillwind camp graveyard (as you
do) and noticed immediately that my body wasn't on the minimap. I went
over to where I died and my body wasn't even there.

OK, stuff it. A bit of server weirdness. So I logout (didn't want the
durability hit by rezzing at the spirit healer, figuring it would sort
itself out after a while) and play my Tauren Shaman on Uldum for a
while. When I get back to Llane and login to my Warrior, he is alive and
standing in the spot where he supposedly died!

OK, more weirdness. So I play for probably another 3 or 4 hours, and end
up in STV fighting that big elite gorilla on the island. He's a bit too
tough for me (same level, 51)and I die, so I click "release spirit" and
expect to need to make a short run from the graveyard next to the BB
entrance. No chance. I find myself back at Chillwind camp!

I briefly contemplated running from Western Plaguelands to Booty Bay,
and decided to take the durability hit after all :) 

--
Doc

More about : llane server weirdness

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:35:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Doc wrote:
> I was tooling around Western Plaguelands with my Dwarf Warrior the other
> day and ended up dying when I got more adds than I could handle.
> Released my spirit and popped out at Chillwind camp graveyard (as you
> do) and noticed immediately that my body wasn't on the minimap. I went
> over to where I died and my body wasn't even there.

I'm on Llane and have had this happen a half dozen times to my
Paladin, including once in Western Plaguelands. I'd be surprised if
it's anything Llane-specific. The typical solution is, indeed, to log
out and log back in.

> OK, stuff it. A bit of server weirdness. So I logout (didn't want the
> durability hit by rezzing at the spirit healer, figuring it would sort
> itself out after a while) and play my Tauren Shaman on Uldum for a
> while. When I get back to Llane and login to my Warrior, he is alive and
> standing in the spot where he supposedly died!

I have also seen this happen once with the above solution; pleasant
surprise.

> OK, more weirdness. So I play for probably another 3 or 4 hours, and
> end up in STV fighting that big elite gorilla on the island. He's a
> bit too tough for me (same level, 51)and I die, so I click "release
> spirit" and expect to need to make a short run from the graveyard
> next to the BB entrance. No chance. I find myself back at Chillwind
> camp!

This, I'm glad to say, I've never seen (despite having died many times
against that Jaguero Island elite gorilla; in my case it took seven
players rated low-40s to 50+ to take him down, with a five-player
group reliably wiping)! Indeed, quite weird.

--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/&gt; PERTH ----> *
Cpu(s): 2.0% us, 1.0% sy, 0.4% ni, 95.0% id, 1.5% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0% si
Mem: 515800k total, 458348k used, 57452k free, 39976k buffers
Swap: 3052208k total, 28216k used, 3023992k free, 81332k cached
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:35:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

I managed to fall through the lift leaving the Undercity and died, no
'release spirit' button appeared, just my body moving up a down on the
lift. :-(

My body was a proper corpse the next day after opening a ticket and I
was able to make the ghost run back.

Still annoying though, and another reason not to bother with the UC.

Baruch
June 22, 2005 12:05:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Yeechang Lee <ylee@pobox.com> stared blankly into space for a short
while before writing:
> Doc wrote:
>> OK, more weirdness. So I play for probably another 3 or 4 hours,
>> and end up in STV fighting that big elite gorilla on the island.
>> He's a
>> bit too tough for me (same level, 51)and I die, so I click "release
>> spirit" and expect to need to make a short run from the graveyard
>> next to the BB entrance. No chance. I find myself back at Chillwind
>> camp!
>
> This, I'm glad to say, I've never seen (despite having died many
> times against that Jaguero Island elite gorilla; in my case it took
> seven players rated low-40s to 50+ to take him down, with a
> five-player
> group reliably wiping)! Indeed, quite weird.

He wasn't that hard, I got him to about 30% health before I died (I was
hoping to get him to 20%, as a critical execute on full rage often nets
me more than 2000 damage, and that may have been enough to finish him
off). I went back there *much* later and joined 2 others - i think they
were a 51 Hunter and a 50 Paladin - and we killed the big guy easily...
in fact the hunter got feared or something and ran off, aggroing a
couple of apes, and he spent most of the time fighting the adds.

Anyway, the point was that even though I died in Southern STV, my ghost
appeared in Chillwind camp, with the arrow for my body pointing south
off the minimap.

--
Doc