Sign in with
Your question

AMD Phenom II x4 810 Compatibility?

Last response: in CPUs
December 4, 2012 9:57:56 PM

Hello,
Recently Ive purchased a new motherboard, a ASRock 970 Extreme3. Now after installing everything, my pc refuses to boot. After 5 Beeps and followed by another beep of a different tone a few seconds later, it shuts off. Now I know 5 Beeps means CPU is the problem but I'm 99% sure the CPU is fine due to it working just yesterday. Now my question is whether or not my CPU is actually compatible with my motherboard or not. Or if something else might be the problem here. And before anyone asks I've followed the "Not booting" troubleshooting sticky on here and I'm almost certain its a compatibility issue. I would just like a more experienced opinion before I spring for a new compatible CPU.
a c 117 à CPUs
a c 151 V Motherboard
December 4, 2012 11:36:32 PM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
The Phenom II 810 is listed as supported on that motherboard since BIOS ver C2. Check the BIOS version of the motherboard. What about your thermal compound, did you clean off, then replace the thermal compound with fresh? Apply too much perhaps? Overheating may cause a CPU based boot error.
I'd be inclined to check your BIOS version since, as far as I can tell, there isn't any good reason for it not to work.
Hope it helps some
m
l
!