Sign in with
Your question

Can you help me with parts for my build?

Last response: in Systems
July 23, 2012 9:32:41 PM

ok I'm sorry if I messed up on this but here is my info and I was wanting to know if it all works together and if there are any brand or models to look for. I'm mainly stuck on Power Supply and Graphics card. Thanks so much!

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as I can make sure all my parts are what I need according to my $$

Budget Range: $1,500.00 After shipping, to the door. I guess? But willing to spend more if absolutely have to in order to get good quality parts but would like to stay around 1,500.00 But like 99.9% of people If i can save money some how would be awesome but don't want to trade quality either.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Picture editing, PowerPoint, working on Sound Recordings (editing) ,looking at videos online, downloading files from emails.some gaming, surfing the web,occasional netflix

Are you buying a monitor: no, not yet

Parts to Upgrade:
CPU: Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge
Motherboard: Asus P877-V LK LGA155
Memory: G. Skill X Series 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600
Hard Drive: Going to use SSD at first and test a couple HD's I have around the house then if none work then buy a new one. If I do get a HDD I'll buy a WD 1 TB IntelliPower Model # WD10EURX
SSD: Intel 520 series Cherryville 120GB SSDSC2CW120A3K5
Video Card: NEED HELP! Can't Find one I like or don't really know of one
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
Power Supply: Again need help but I thought this MIGHT work, Seasonic S12II 520 Watt 80 plus Bronze certified
Optical Drive: LG Black 14X Blu Ray Model # WH14NS40
Other Software: Office, either 2012 or 365 Depends

Do you need to buy OS: Yes, Either Win. 7 or 8 when it comes out... I was kind wishing Microsoft would come out with that upgrade offer with the OS disc purchase but doesn't look like it.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com (only because that's the only computer place I know to buy from)

Parts Preferences: Intel for the processor and ssd but willing to work with the SSD Brand ,

Overclocking: Maybe down the road when I have further knowledge of such things

SLI or Crossfire: Don't know what it is... UNFORTUNATELY! I do know it is graphics though...

Your Monitor Resolution:I don't know.. It's a Dell 20" Flat screen type from 2010. It has a HDMI port and VGA and it works.
Additional Comments: Just want to get into MAYBe some gaming down the road.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My computer I have now only has 512mb of RAM and photo editing programs require, I believe, like 1 GB of Ram?

More about : parts build

July 23, 2012 9:42:31 PM

Quote:
Parts Preferences: Intel for the processor and ssd but willing to work with the SSD Brand ,

Intel SSDs are horrendously unreliable - I have one and I'm constantly experiencing issues with it, which is why I don't recommend Sandforce drives. I'm replacing mine with an M4 once I get the chance.

Quote:
SLI or Crossfire: Don't know what it is... UNFORTUNATELY! I do know it is graphics though...

It's the ability to link multiple graphics cards of the same type as one powerful card. You don't need it right away.

Quote:
Other Software: Office, either 2012 or 365 Depends

Don't include this in your build. You can also get Open Office for free. But the only software you should be including in your build is the operating system and nothing else. You can get that stuff later.

Quote:
Your Monitor Resolution:I don't know.. It's a Dell 20" Flat screen type from 2010. It has a HDMI port and VGA and it works.

If I had to ballpark, I'd say your monitor resolution is either 1600x900 or 1920x1080.

Try this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($132.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($409.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1405.75
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-07-23 17:42 EDT-0400)
Related resources
July 23, 2012 10:02:59 PM

make sure that hyper 612 has the lga 2011 mounting brackets as not all of them have those. the newegg one does
July 23, 2012 10:25:09 PM

Talking to those who may not know.... I'm not going to use this computer as a gaming rig 24/7 i'm mainly using it as a photo editing, Audio editing, Powerpoint computer.
But I would love to play a couple games on it occasionally and tinker with it.
Also I thought Asus, Intel and all that was a good brand for as Mobo, and SSD I've looked around and they are the ones with less bad reviews, and got a good name. They are indeed expensive but supposedly they have good quality stuff.
July 23, 2012 10:28:32 PM

my build doesnt play games that well at all. you can expect high settings at 1080p
July 23, 2012 10:33:57 PM

So the SSD that you have (The Big Troll) is about the same as the Intel SSD?
July 23, 2012 10:35:52 PM

Honestly the LGA2011 are ridiculously overpriced CPUs. Even for the business type person running productivity software, its like bringing an industrial strength vacuum cleaner to clean a 4ftx6ft walk-in closet. (pardon my bad metaphor)

I like G-unit's build for the purpose, but I'd suggest going a little cheaper on the video card as its more power than you need for casual gaming. The 7850 is a lot more modest and still hardcore enough to take on anything.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
July 23, 2012 10:36:03 PM

yeah but a bit slower (compared to intel 520). its just as reliable. if you are looking for more speed (you wont see too much differences), a samsung 830 or a vertex 4 would be a good choice
July 23, 2012 10:36:11 PM

Guitarss said:
So the SSD that you have (The Big Troll) is about the same as the Intel SSD?

The Crucial M4 is leaps and bounds better than the Intel SSD - my work PC has one and I far prefer it to the Intel SSD in my home build.

Quote:

I like G-unit's build for the purpose, but I'd suggest going a little cheaper on the video card as its more power than you need for casual gaming. The 7850 is a lot more modest and still hardcore enough to take on anything.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814102986

True and with the difference you could upgrade your CPU to the i7-3770K and 16GB of RAM.
July 23, 2012 10:37:29 PM

LOL this sucks seeing other people say use other stuff cause I was starting to like the system I had picked out. But I will look into what everyone has to say and compare!
July 23, 2012 10:40:07 PM

yours is fine but we could make it better!!
July 23, 2012 10:44:16 PM

Guitarss said:
LOL this sucks seeing other people say use other stuff cause I was starting to like the system I had picked out. But I will look into what everyone has to say and compare!

Well, you know you can mix and match? You can keep that case you had picked out, I agree Corsair builds em pretty.

I don't know much about Intel's SSDs. Honestly, I think all of them are really too new on the scene to really judge them effectively.

Asus does make good motherboards, so does Asrock.

RAM is really hard to screw up, as long as its a 1.5V DDR3 module, (the voltage is important for Intel CPUs, it must be 1.5V lest you void your warranty). PNY, Crucial, Corsair, Samsung, G.Skill, Kingston, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting all make good RAM.

Power supplies, You will find a lot of different brands are made by the same companies. Many of Corsair's models for example are in fact Seasonic, this includes both their Enthusiast (TX series) and Professional (HX/AX series). Seasonic is about as good as it gets, Antec has some real winners as well. Rosewill is hit or miss, some are really good and some are lousy. PC Power and cooling is not one I'm too familiar with, but I wouldn't be too terribly shocked if they were Seasonic too.
July 23, 2012 10:45:43 PM

TheBigTroll said:
yeah but a bit slower (compared to intel 520). its just as reliable. if you are looking for more speed (you wont see too much differences), a samsung 830 or a vertex 4 would be a good choice

I'd take a Plextor PX-M3 over a Vertex 4 due to all the BIOS update problems it's been having.

Quote:

Well the whole point is that you want to get the best system you can get for your budget and you definitely want to get as many opinions on a product as you can. It definitely helps to sort out good hardware from junk hardware before you buy.

Quote:
Power supplies, You will find a lot of different brands are made by the same companies. Many of Corsair's models for example are in fact Seasonic, this includes both their Enthusiast (TX series) and Professional (HX/AX series). Seasonic is about as good as it gets, Antec has some real winners as well. Rosewill is hit or miss, some are really good and some are lousy. PC Power and cooling is not one I'm too familiar with, but I wouldn't be too terribly shocked if they were Seasonic too.

The Silencer MKIIs are made by Seasonic, but the MKIIIs are made by either Delta Electronics or Sirtec, both are very good OEMs though. The Corsiar TX series - V1 was made by Seasonic, but V2 are made by Delta.

Quote:
Well, you know you can mix and match? You can keep that case you had picked out, I agree Corsair builds em pretty.

I personally wouldn't spend that much on a case but then again it's not my system.
July 23, 2012 10:50:31 PM

I totally agree! It's more bouncing ideas off of everyone and coming up with the Mega computer that you can afford. I like some of the stuff that people have already picked out and i'm going to research it a little more. Thank you EVERYONE!
July 23, 2012 10:57:27 PM

Quote:
The Silencer MKIIs are made by Seasonic, but the MKIIIs are made by either Delta Electronics or Sirtec, both are very good OEMs though. The Corsiar TX series - V1 was made by Seasonic, but V2 are made by Delta.

You got it backwards I think V2s are definitely Seasonic. That PC Power and cooling PSU you recommended "smells" a lot like a TX750v2, but I really don't feel like digging around to verify it.

you can verify it here with Proximon's PSU guide:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/322966-28-list-recomm...

Quote:
I personally wouldn't spend that much on a case but then again it's not my system.

I'm a big fan of a quality case, I bought a $130 NZXT Phantom, nice thing about a good case is you can use it forever.
July 23, 2012 11:14:22 PM

nekulturny said:
Quote:

You got it backwards I think V2s are definitely Seasonic. That PC Power and cooling PSU you recommended "smells" a lot like a TX750v2, but I really don't feel like digging around to verify it.

you can verify it here with Proximon's PSU guide:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/322966-28-list-recomm...

Quote:

I'm a big fan of a quality case, I bought a $130 NZXT Phantom, nice thing about a good case is you can use it forever.

That is certainly true, I wouldn't pay less than $50 for a case but I wouldn't pay over $150. I got my Graphite 600T for like ~$120 something.

As far as the PSUs go I'm looking into it but I haven't found anything that backs up my claim yet.
July 23, 2012 11:20:41 PM

Quote:
That is certainly true, I wouldn't pay less than $50 for a case but I wouldn't pay over $150. I got my Graphite 600T for like ~$120 something.

Pretty good deal. Ha. initially I had a $60 Sentey. God it was a hunk of crap. Cheap everything! Cheap thumbscrews, cheap plastic and aluminum hard drive trays, cheap, brittle fans, wire management wasn't even an afterthought, then the final straw was when I installed my HyperN520 and the damn side panel wouldn't fit back on. The thing that really sets a good case apart from the pack is those little touches. Max has a cheap case on his i5 build, I hate it. I don't even know what brand it is.

Quote:

As far as the PSUs go I'm looking into it but I haven't found anything that backs up my claim yet.

You won't lol. I promise you, cross my heart and hope to cry the V2s are Seasonic made.
July 23, 2012 11:29:08 PM

Quote:

Pretty good deal. Ha. initially I had a $60 Sentey. God it was a hunk of crap. Cheap everything! Cheap thumbscrews, cheap plastic and aluminum hard drive trays, cheap, brittle fans, wire management wasn't even an afterthought, then the final straw was when I installed my HyperN520 and the damn side panel wouldn't fit back on. The thing that really sets a good case apart from the pack is those little touches. Max has a cheap case on his i5 build, I hate it. I don't even know what brand it is.

Yeah my first case was an Apevia Xplorer - man that thing was a piece of junk. The LED lights fell off it, the temperature gauge never gave correct system temps, the front USB ports shattered, the audio jack never worked, you name it. Where I work we still buy these monstrosities and I want to scream at them every time we do.
July 24, 2012 12:33:40 AM

oh question! now should i do 2 8 gb of RAM or 4x 4GB of RAM?? I believe 64 bit only allows 16 gb of RAM ? I saw something that limited Ram someway or somehow...
July 24, 2012 12:36:00 AM

Guitarss said:
oh question! now should i do 2 8 gb of RAM or 4x 4GB of RAM?? I believe 64 bit only allows 16 gb of RAM ? I saw something that limited Ram someway or somehow...

It doesn't really matter honestly. Windows 7 Home Premium supports up to 16GB of RAM, Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate support up to 192GB. Although most motherboards only will support a max of either 16GB or 32GB depending on the board itself.
July 24, 2012 12:44:51 AM

so when they say max memory is 32gb of Ram meaning if you had Windows Pro you can only put 32 gb of ram in the 4 slots because of the Motherboard.

Also Nekulturny what MOBO do you suggest? Just curious, everyone else said theirs was wondering what yours was..
July 24, 2012 12:48:49 AM

from what i saw, the mk2 series from pc and power cooling were made by seasonic. someone opened up a xfx xxx 750w psu (made by seasonic), it used a pc and power cooling mk2 pcb (the only thing they did was sharpie out the pc and power cooling lettering)
July 24, 2012 12:49:30 AM

Quote:
so when they say max memory is 32gb of Ram meaning if you had Windows Pro you can only put 32 gb of ram in the 4 slots because of the Motherboard.

Correct, but not all motherboards with 4 DIMMs support 4x8GB modules, but most modern mobos will.

As far as mobos, I actually like the one you had picked initially, mainly due to my brand loyalty to Asus, but I am quite comfortable admitting the Asrock Z77 board is equally good.

If you can afford it, Asus Sabertooths are awesome, but unfortunately for Intel, ridiculously overpriced.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
July 24, 2012 12:51:30 AM

TheBigTroll said:
from what i saw, the mk2 series from pc and power cooling were made by seasonic. someone opened up a xfx xxx 750w psu (made by seasonic), it used a pc and power cooling mk2 pcb (the only thing they did was sharpie out the pc and power cooling lettering)

I figured they were, you can do an end-run around to figure out who makes the PSU by searching through the 80+ certification database (assuming the PSU has an 80+ cert) to get the actual manufacturer. Its more work than I really wanted to do, yes I am that lazy.
July 24, 2012 12:57:59 AM

80+ doesnt show really who makes the psu....
July 24, 2012 1:01:48 AM

TheBigTroll said:
80+ doesnt show really who makes the psu....

Yes it does, because there is a datasheet associated with each one. Power supplies are submitted by their primary manufacturers for independent verification that they can do what the maker says they do. Thats why you should never buy a PSU without an 80+ certification, because the maker can say it has a 56Amp 12v rail and 1000watts and run at 80% efficiency all day long, but without that independent verification, it could be a complete lie.

Heres how you do it if you really want to know.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/How-to-Discover-...
July 24, 2012 1:36:57 AM

yeah im lazy. i dont want to look around google for a hour looking up psu s
July 24, 2012 1:57:31 AM

ok another question ! lol Ok so that graphics card that nekulturny showed . The Sapphire Raedon HD 7850 it says minimum 500 W powersupply does that mean I can use a 520 Watt Power Supply to run the whole entire system or what?

Also a friend of mine said that Nvidia or whatever is good is there anything that is in that brand that compares to the Sapphire Raedon HD 7850?
July 24, 2012 2:08:12 AM

yeah you can use any wattage psu as long as it is over 400w. if you are getting a 520w unit, im assuming you are getting the seasonic m12II 520w from newegg. its a great unit

a card from nvidia that compares to the 7850 is the gtx 560ti 448 core or the gtx570. they are not recommended as the 7850 performs the same while using half the power. you could wait for nvidia to release a gtx660 or something along those lines
July 24, 2012 2:27:39 AM

Guitarss said:
ok another question ! lol Ok so that graphics card that nekulturny showed . The Sapphire Raedon HD 7850 it says minimum 500 W powersupply does that mean I can use a 520 Watt Power Supply to run the whole entire system or what?

Also a friend of mine said that Nvidia or whatever is good is there anything that is in that brand that compares to the Sapphire Raedon HD 7850?

The minimum recommended wattage is often wise to follow, however, generally they're assuming you're buying a junk PSU with no efficiency ratings. Of course since you have come to the right place to make wise decisions, yes you'll be fine with a 520 watt PSU such as the Seasonic.

As far as video cards, like CPUs, AMD and Intel, there are pretty much 2 options for video cards. AMD aka ATI/Radeon or Nvidia. Intel has onboard graphics on their CPUs, however they're nowhere near good enough to be taken seriously. Intel is bought for their superior CPU power over AMD, their graphics capabilities are years away from being serious competition to AMD.

AMD beats out Nvidia at just about every price point as of today. That is to say, just about any video card you can think of that Nvidia makes, AMD has a better one at the same price. The closest cards to the 7850 I recommended is the 560 TI. Stock to stock the 7850 beats it. The 7850 also overclocks well enough to give the GTX 570 (a step higher than the 560 TI) a bad headache, and then the 7870 video card hits it from the other side. Ouch! Double punch K.O.! I don't know much about how well the GTX 690 performs, but I do know its predecessor the GTX 590 gets the floor mopped with it by a crossfire setup of 2 7970s (which cost what a single 590 costs). My *educated* guess is dual 7970s would put a hurting on a single 690 too.

Now, Nvidia is on the Gen 6 series currently, so far they only have released the GTX 690, 680 and 670. The 670 and 680 perform almost identically, they were looking pretty promising until AMD huffed and puffed and blew their house down with drivers updates for their already existing 7970, which knocked the 670/680s right off their royal tuffet. Forgive my artistic license, I am a nerd afterall.
July 24, 2012 3:35:52 AM

so in other words the one you suggested the 7850 is the one to go with ? Correct ?
July 24, 2012 4:07:57 AM

ok, how do you apply the Thermal compound? I've watched videos from newegg and youtube that show multiple ways of doing it. Way I see it as is putting a pea size of thermal compound and using a bag to put your finger through to spread it. Any way or wrong?
July 24, 2012 4:32:08 AM

Guitarss said:
ok, how do you apply the Thermal compound? I've watched videos from newegg and youtube that show multiple ways of doing it. Way I see it as is putting a pea size of thermal compound and using a bag to put your finger through to spread it. Any way or wrong?

Well I use the rule of thumb (literally) - you apply a couple of dabs to your CPU and then spread the rest around with your thumb.

Quote:
I would go with the 7850, its uses very little power when at desktop and is pretty good while OC'd too. I suggest the ASRock board also its cheaper and overclocks really well. XFast USB works on it too. I use a 650w Corsair in my workstation/game rig and in the workstations I sell, I use Seasonic 620w modular. Both are great, quiet stable psus.

Yeah the 7850 is an excellent GPU for the price. If you want something with a bit more horsepower get a 7870 - it won't alter the cost of the build that much.
July 24, 2012 4:43:36 AM

oh YAY, looks like I wont be able to order the parts till September "Hopefully"! But anyway from here till then I can drool over what I wanna get or look up more untill then.

This is what I got so far:
Cpu: Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D (because i'm too stuck on it )
Power Supply: Seasonic 520 Watt S12 II ( I hope this can run everything for wattage, I'm assuming it can)
Memory: G. Skill Ares series 16Gb (2x8GB) 1866MHZ PC3 14900
MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z77
Optical Drive: LG same as last time because this one seems to have less reviews in regards to it stopping or the quality.
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 128 GB ( it had the best read and write speed and reviews that say it has stopped working)
Graphics: Sapphire Raedon HD 7850 ( Same one Nekulturny suggested)
OS: Win 7 Home Premium or Pro depending on $$ when I go to order it all
Total: with win 7 home $1,425.67

** Now anything to change now? or Suggestions?
July 24, 2012 4:45:51 AM

Guitarss said:
oh YAY, looks like I wont be able to order the parts till September "Hopefully"! But anyway from here till then I can drool over what I wanna get or look up more untill then.

This is what I got so far:
Cpu: Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D (because i'm too stuck on it )
Power Supply: Seasonic 520 Watt S12 II ( I hope this can run everything for wattage, I'm assuming it can)
Memory: G. Skill Ares series 16Gb (2x8GB) 1866MHZ PC3 14900
MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z77
Optical Drive: LG same as last time because this one seems to have less reviews in regards to it stopping or the quality.
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 128 GB ( it had the best read and write speed and reviews that say it has stopped working)
Graphics: Sapphire Raedon HD 7850 ( Same one Nekulturny suggested)
OS: Win 7 Home Premium or Pro depending on $$ when I go to order it all
Total: with win 7 home $1,425.67

** Now anything to change now? or Suggestions?

1866 RAM is a bit of a waste because on default settings your motherboard runs the lowest speeds and timings it can handle. You don't want to get over 1600 because Intel will actually void your warranty if they find out you've been using speeds beyond 1600.

I personally wouldn't spend that much money on the Sabertooth - it just isn't worth the premium. You can get the Gigabyte UD5H that I linked to earlier and save $70 there.
July 24, 2012 4:49:01 AM

you did the AsRock... I believe I can't find the gigabyte one
July 24, 2012 4:50:54 AM

I agree, get 1600mhz RAM, that is the maximum speed Ivy supports. But on the other hand, overclocking the CPU voids the warranty too. The advantage is, Intel offers a tuner plan. A 1 time replacement for a CPU if you fry it overclocking if you're worried about it:

http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

Love the Sabertooth board, I'll never knock anyone for getting one, overpriced or not lol. I don't like Gigabyte boards personally. Don't trust em, don't like their rude tech support.
July 24, 2012 4:55:10 AM

I'm sticking to Asus for this build so it's either the one i orginally had or the overprice piece of plastic haha. I think i'm going to go with the one I picked out save some $$. I was going to see if the board i picked could overclock and all. I love the overclocking warranty thing!
July 24, 2012 4:58:52 AM

It can overclock yes. With Intel you can tell by the chipset, if it starts with a Z (like Z77,Z68, etc) it supports overclocking. H(61/67) and B(75/77) chipsets do not.
July 24, 2012 5:02:12 AM

lol nice! still learning here ! Thanks EVERYONE for everything ! it's been fun now it's the sit and wait game :( 
July 24, 2012 11:31:03 AM

are you sure intel voids your warranty if you are using 1866mhz? i got some since it was cheaper than 1600mhz
July 24, 2012 3:28:05 PM

TheBigTroll said:
are you sure intel voids your warranty if you are using 1866mhz? i got some since it was cheaper than 1600mhz

I'm not, but as far as the RAM speed, overclocking voids it too anyway, so I'm of the position it really doesn't matter.
July 24, 2012 3:48:45 PM

it was a standard set of gskill sniper 1866 cl9-10-9-27 ram. runs at 1.5v
July 24, 2012 3:57:34 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Unless you literally fried your chip by running it at too high of a voltage or something, Intel has no real method of proving you were overclocking or running 1866mhz RAM unless you tell them.
July 24, 2012 4:01:39 PM

yeah i will be overclocking but i wont be touching voltages too much unless i need it in the future
July 24, 2012 4:03:58 PM

The only reason I say stick to 1.5v on the RAM, is because Intel CPUs actually do get kind of unhappy (system stability issues) with you if you run 1.65v DDR3 in it. AMD will happily run 1.65v btw, give the Devil his dues... :lol: 
July 24, 2012 4:11:23 PM

TheBigTroll said:

One of the mods here posted a thread a while back about how he tried to RMA a CPU through Intel and he said they're incredibly strict about RAM speeds - they will ask you what speed of RAM you're running, and they will also ask for the serial numbers off the stock fan before you're able to return your CPU if anything goes wrong.
July 24, 2012 4:32:35 PM

g-unit1111 said:
One of the mods here posted a thread a while back about how he tried to RMA a CPU through Intel and he said they're incredibly strict about RAM speeds - they will ask you what speed of RAM you're running, and they will also ask for the serial numbers off the stock fan before you're able to return your CPU if anything goes wrong.

LOL, Intel never ceases to amaze me, they outsell their only competition in a 2 man race 5 to 1 and they're still going to try as hard as they can to weasel out of standing behind their products anyway they can. :sarcastic: 
!