Requesting some expert opinions

diablo_primo

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Greetings guys first of all I decided to register and participate in this wonderful site, I did learned alot from reading stuff here, but I'm still a noob at 95% of computer stuff so I decided to ask those fine gentlemen that are kind enough to give me their expert opinions or advice. my current build is

i3-2120
Asus sabertooth z77
Palit GTX 550 Ti sonic in SLI configuration
Gskil Ripjaws X DDR3 10666 Cl9 4x2Gb sticks
Seasonic M12ii 560w modular
and a second hand cooler master pc case which I bought at almost the bnew price haha...
monitor I use is a cheap wallmart 1440x900

my contemplation

sell the i3 add some cash buy an i7
sell both the GTX 550 Ti add some cash to get GTX570 SLI

my question is given the above specs will this system last me let say 3 to 4 years from now, before Upgrading.
I mainly use the computer for browsing and occasional moderate gaming an activity which is the most of my range of motion can only do , ( I play BF3 multiplayer on average 8 hours a week) right now its on the highest settings for most games I play, but I really don't mind playing on medium or low. I'm asking because computer parts here in the Philippines are more expensive than in the US ( add about 25% to 30% on top of newegg price ) And I am on a tight budget as my only source of Income is my US Army medical retirement pay which is not alot "piff". Guys is it cost effective if I get an i7 and upgrade both video card to GTX570 or leave it as is and wait till the 3 years. Thank you all ....

diablo_primo

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
I got a 250 usd motherboard thinking it will last me 3 to 4 years before needing to upgrade and I chose the i3 because that was the recommendation by the store clerk for the stuff I intend to do, he said I need an i3. besides that's the most I can afford at that time, also as I had stated I'm really new to this so please bear with me here hehehe.....

g-unit1111

Titan

Me personally I would have gone with the more expensive CPU and the less expensive motherboard, but that's just me.