Thoughts and opinions on new gaming rig I want to build... Money is not really an object here, more for performance (but don't want to go too crazy).
Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Videocard: EVGA SuperClocked+ GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC
Main Drive for OS: SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
Music/Movies & Older Games: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
1. Nothing wrong with the Sabertooth, but it's WAY overpriced for what you get. You can get a Gigabyte UD5H or an Asrock Extreme6 and have the same features for $50 less.
2. For gaming, save the money and get an i5-3570K. Performance will be the same if not better and you'll save around $100.
3. For gaming you will never need more than 8gb. OK, maybe not ever, but probably not in the near future. I would get 8gb DDR3-1600 1.5V
4. Nothing wrong with the 680, but the 670 performs about 5% less and costs over $100 less. The 7970 is suppose to be a lot better performer since the newest driver update, so that is something to look at as well.
5. PSU is good, you want around 750 in case you ever want to add a second GPU down the road.