Closed Solved

I need help!!!

Hi I am new to cpu gaming and know just about nothing about it. I am looking to want to start playing diablo 3 and i have a good idea on the desktop i am going to get. its an asus essentio CM1730-01 . my brother recently bought the same computer but found that the graphics card wasnt able to run diablo 3 well at all. i was thinking about buying an ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card. I need help! if you could explain to me if this is a good plan it would be greatly appreciated!
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help
  1. I don't recommend buying a computer with bad graphics card and buying a good graphics card separately. It means you'll be spending your cash twice.

If you give us a budget, I bet we can fix something up for you :). Also include your geographical location - computers around the world don't cost the same.
  2. my budget is around 500-600 and i live in eastern us
  3. How comfortable are you about building your own rig? That way you will save your money and get a better system overall. Longer warranty too.

I am asking this because you seemed eager about using another video card, and replacing graphics card is as easy as building the whole computer, just takes a little bit less time.

Check this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
  4. im not sure i would feel comfortable at all building my own.. id be able to do it, but i dont have a lot of money
  5. Well, you actually SAVE your money when you build your own PC.

Let me give you an inspirational speech :).

Half a year ago, I was at your position: I needed a new PC. I had two options: build my own or buy prebuilt one. I had never built a PC before, it would have been my first time. I checked the prices on the prebuilt ones and check what I could get for same price. I was shocked. For same price, I could get 20% faster PC if I built my own. Even though I was scared to do it, I told myself: "I have to do this". Then I started carefully choosing the components, it took around 1 week. When I ordered the components, I watched three videos about building the PC. Once the components arrived, I proceeded to do the same what I saw in the videos.

2 hours later my PC was done. It really felt great - I could feel this PC was really mine, not some random company who cheaps out on components to make profit. All of my fears were gone, and let me tell you, the feeling was epic.

What's the best about building your own PC is that you get to choose exactly what you want.

Hoped I helped you make up your mind :).
  6. so do you think i will be able to build a good computer that will run diablo 3 for no more than 600?
  7. Easily. Let me show you an example build :).
  8. Custom built PC is the best choice if you want to save money. A Corei3 2100 and a GTS450 with a 4gb ram will be sufficient enough to play Diablo 3
  9. Diablo 3 is not a super intensive game compared to some out there. So 600 should be a reasonable price for a computer to run it. Another good thing about building your own computer is you will know what is in it and can choose to upgrade components at a later date. Especially with all the great people here at Toms who are willing to help you get the best bang for your buck. Head over to this link and fill in the information and you will get a few recomendations for builds.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

Flare
  10. Best answer
    There you go, you'll be able to play diablo 3 at maximum settings with it:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G630 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($63.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($43.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($21.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ES 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6850 1GB Video Card ($137.55 @ Newegg)
    Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($27.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V Power Supply ($36.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Sony DDU1681S-0B DVD/CD Drive ($17.00 @ Amazon)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($98.99 @ B&H)
    Total: $528.47
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-05-31 13:06 EDT-0400)
  11. Thats a good parts list i agree with the all selection in terms of value/performance and reliability. I'd only change the CPU to a little faster one but thats just me.

As for building it.
    Are you good with legos?
    do you want something that is truly yours and you can be proud of it?
    If yes then building is for you. Its actualy very very easy.

Also in the future you save alot of money. Becuse instead of buying a whole new system every 2-5 years you simply upgrade one part for 50-80$ each year and your computer never becomes slow it will always be fast saving you from lost productivity frustration and having to buy a whole new system when your frustrated with it.
  12. thank you to all for the advice! i have decided to build my own because it seems a lot cheaper and it really doesnt seem that hard. thanks to everyone!
  13. Best answer selected by zeroreaper.
  14. Glad I managed to convince you! Good luck! Hope you will enjoy it ;)
  15. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Graphics