New gpu buyer question. Included software disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tionen

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
Recently bought a gts 450.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-127-606&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29#scrollFullInfo

I notice that with all cards there is a disc that comes with it. Do I have to install said disc with my gpu or can I just plug and play with the driver I already have for it? The disc says driver and utility and msi afterburner on the label in the picture, but there is no description of what is on it.

Solution
Windows will automatically install a suitable driver that is good enough for you to visit the manufacturer's website and get the latest driver suite. The ones on the disk are almost always out of date.

Everything that the CD contains, including MSI Afterburner, is available online and will often be at a newer release
Windows will automatically install a suitable driver that is good enough for you to visit the manufacturer's website and get the latest driver suite. The ones on the disk are almost always out of date.

Everything that the CD contains, including MSI Afterburner, is available online and will often be at a newer release

Solution

Tionen

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
Thank you very much for the quick answer, I appreciate it greatly. I have the latest drivers installed I was just unaware as to having to install the extra software or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.