Control Panel View

I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer set
to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I prefer
the "Icon" view.

Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and not
other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work

a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
folder's view settings"
b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800

thanks,

peter

Try "Switch to Classic View" at upper left side panel.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Zecarioca" <Zecarioca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer
>set
> to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I
> prefer
> the "Icon" view.
>
> Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and
> not
> other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work
>
> a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
> folder's view settings"
> b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
>
> thanks,

My view settings have always been set at "Classic View". Any other thoughts?

thanks,

"Peter" wrote:

> Try "Switch to Classic View" at upper left side panel.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Home SP2
> P4 dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD
> "Zecarioca" <Zecarioca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer
> >set
> > to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I
> > prefer
> > the "Icon" view.
> >
> > Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and
> > not
> > other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work
> >
> > a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
> > folder's view settings"
> > b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
> >
> > thanks,

peter

Sorry, no idea...hopefully someone will!

--
> My view settings have always been set at "Classic View". Any other
> thoughts?
>
> thanks,
>
> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> Try "Switch to Classic View" at upper left side panel.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Home SP2
>> P4 dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD
>> "Zecarioca" <Zecarioca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My
>> >Computer
>> >set
>> > to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I
>> > prefer
>> > the "Icon" view.
>> >
>> > Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view
>> > and
>> > not
>> > other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to
>> > work
>> >
>> > a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember
>> > each
>> > folder's view settings"
>> > b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
>> >
>> > thanks,

I prefer this exact same setup on my machine. For some reason when I did
this, I had to change the view 3 times before it stuck. Don't know why...

-Nate

"Zecarioca" wrote:

> I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer set
> to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I prefer
> the "Icon" view.
>
> Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and not
> other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work
>
> a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
> folder's view settings"
> b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
>
> thanks,

Oldguy

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004

You also posted this Subject to
Windows.public.windowsxp.basics
Check there for a possible solution.

"Zecarioca" <Zecarioca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer
>set
> to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I
> prefer
> the "Icon" view.
>
> Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and
> not
> other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work
>
> a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
> folder's view settings"
> b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
>
> thanks,

I would also like my folder views to stick.

I particularly like My Pictures folders to be thumbnails, but for program
folders or document folders this is a bit of overkill. (Details is probably
best here.)

I tick "remember folder settings", but they don't seem to stay
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html