Control Panel View

I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer set
to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I prefer
the "Icon" view.

Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and not
other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work

a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
folder's view settings"
b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800

thanks,
6 answers Last reply
More about control panel view

    Try "Switch to Classic View" at upper left side panel.

    --
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    "Zecarioca" <Zecarioca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer
    >set
    > to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I
    > prefer
    > the "Icon" view.
    >
    > Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and
    > not
    > other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work
    >
    > a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
    > folder's view settings"
    > b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
    >
    > thanks,

    My view settings have always been set at "Classic View". Any other thoughts?

    thanks,

    "Peter" wrote:

    > Try "Switch to Classic View" at upper left side panel.
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    > Toronto, Canada
    > XP Home SP2
    > P4 dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD
    > "Zecarioca" <Zecarioca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer
    > >set
    > > to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I
    > > prefer
    > > the "Icon" view.
    > >
    > > Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and
    > > not
    > > other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work
    > >
    > > a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
    > > folder's view settings"
    > > b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
    > >
    > > thanks,

    Sorry, no idea...hopefully someone will!

    --
    > My view settings have always been set at "Classic View". Any other
    > thoughts?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > "Peter" wrote:
    >
    >> Try "Switch to Classic View" at upper left side panel.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter
    >> Toronto, Canada
    >> XP Home SP2
    >> P4 dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD
    >> "Zecarioca" <Zecarioca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My
    >> >Computer
    >> >set
    >> > to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I
    >> > prefer
    >> > the "Icon" view.
    >> >
    >> > Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view
    >> > and
    >> > not
    >> > other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to
    >> > work
    >> >
    >> > a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember
    >> > each
    >> > folder's view settings"
    >> > b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
    >> >
    >> > thanks,

    I prefer this exact same setup on my machine. For some reason when I did
    this, I had to change the view 3 times before it stuck. Don't know why...

    -Nate

    "Zecarioca" wrote:

    > I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer set
    > to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I prefer
    > the "Icon" view.
    >
    > Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and not
    > other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work
    >
    > a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
    > folder's view settings"
    > b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
    >
    > thanks,

    You also posted this Subject to
    Windows.public.windowsxp.basics
    Check there for a possible solution.

    "Zecarioca" <Zecarioca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer
    >set
    > to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I
    > prefer
    > the "Icon" view.
    >
    > Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and
    > not
    > other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work
    >
    > a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember each
    > folder's view settings"
    > b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
    >
    > thanks,

    I would also like my folder views to stick.

    I particularly like My Pictures folders to be thumbnails, but for program
    folders or document folders this is a bit of overkill. (Details is probably
    best here.)

    I tick "remember folder settings", but they don't seem to stay
    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    "Nate" <Nate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I prefer this exact same setup on my machine. For some reason when I did
    > this, I had to change the view 3 times before it stuck. Don't know why...
    >
    > -Nate
    >

    > "Zecarioca" wrote:
    >
    >> I prefer to have all my file and folder views in Explorer and My Computer
    >> set
    >> to "Detail" with the exception of Control Panel. For Control Panel, I
    >> prefer
    >> the "Icon" view.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to just have Control Panel open up in the Detail view and
    >> not
    >> other file and folders. I have tried the following and none seem to work
    >>
    >> a) In folder options, advanced settings, I have checked the "remember
    >> each
    >> folder's view settings"
    >> b) Using Tweak UI, I increased the folder customization number to 800
    >>
    >> thanks,

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Configuration Control Panel Microsoft Customization Windows XP