Sign in with
Your question

Adobe creative suites graphics card rec: gtx570/580 or quadro 4000

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 31, 2012 7:20:46 PM

Hey all, I am building a workstation for adobe creative suites 6 and trying to figure out which gpu to get. The purpose of the rig is for hobby. So I am looking for best bang for the buck. I do not particularly think its necessary to upgrade to a higher card for gain of seconds in rendering time. Anyway please let me know. I am currently debating between gtx570 or gtx580 or quadro 4000. Thank you
a c 143 U Graphics card
May 31, 2012 8:19:27 PM

Since you're not gonna render or work with 3D animation, both the Quadro and GTX will do pretty well the the Adobe applications, it mainly utilizes CUDA.
m
l
Related resources
June 1, 2012 5:44:38 PM

So I'm guessing the gtx 570 will be the best. Thank you
m
l
June 1, 2012 6:02:08 PM

ilysaml said:
Since you're not gonna render or work with 3D animation, both the Quadro and GTX will do pretty well the the Adobe applications, it mainly utilizes CUDA.

What do you think about a gtx 6xx over gtx 5xx.
Thank you
m
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
June 1, 2012 6:17:30 PM

You wouldn't need that much power, your work should be easily implemented using high end GPU such as GTX 570. No need for the ultra high end GPUs, and be noted that no all the applications in the Adobe Suite utilizes CUDA, only some particular ones you can navigate to adobe and see a list of supported applications that use GPU-Acceleration.

GTX 6000 series was optimized for gaming purposes only, and so the GTX 5000 series but also it will get your job done since it has the CUDA, AMD HD 7000 and Firepro series has a better implementation of DirectCompute than all nVidia cards also the Adobe Software utilize OpenCl & OpenGL resulting in a brillinat experience as they state, see this article;
http://blogs.amd.com/fusion/2012/04/24/adobe-and-amd-en...

so different cards utilize from different ways, you choose what you need and then pick up the right card.
m
l
!