Upgrading MOBO and case

modsa

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Hey guys, I recently bought a new video card (MSI amd radeon hd 6870) yet it is too big to fit in my old case, due to the HDD cage being in the way. I decided to buy a new case and a motherboard while im here.
Will it be able to fit in this case (HPS 8018B), which dimensions show it is slightly bigger:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HPS-8018B-Mid-Tower-620W-Quiet-Gaming-Computer-Case-ATX-120mm-Blue-LED-Fan-USB2-/290654580075?pt=AU_Components&hash=item43ac5ced6b#ht_2949wt_1110 - $60 with shipping

And is this a suitable/compatible motherboard:
ASROCK 970 extreme - $115

I already have an AM3 CPU, HDD, PSU, Video card, extra fans, DVD drives, monitor, speakers, mouse, keyboard and an old CPU cooler. Will I need anything else for my new setup apart from DDR3 ram?

modsa

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Unfortunately I'm from Australia, and to my knowledge Newegg doesn't ship here! (Despite their great deals -.-). So I have been looking mostly on Ebay Australia. Sorry my PSU is a Corsair CX500 500W (which is meant to be good quality). The case also comes with a 650W (cheap) PSU. Do you reckon that one will be better? Also the AMD FX series CPU's; are they top of the range (newest/most powerful) which AMD make?
I was trying to look for a good computer case for around that 60 dollar price (or under 100 dollars really), but I can't find much else!

modsa

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Hey sorry I was out today and only just saw the message! Why would you suggest that case? The one I linked seems better o_O (although i have little knowledge of computer cases). Thanks for looking though. I may just get the one I was originally looking at.

modsa

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Okay great! I already have that PSU, and that case is not yet available so i'll wait until it is and in the mean time will keep looking for better deals. Thanks alot for the reply's guys they definitely helped :).

EDIT:
My friend said he can sell me his Antec 300 gaming case for around 60 dollars. Will my AMD Radeon HD 6870 be able to fit in it? It says it supports up to 279mm cards (MAX).
It also says that it supports mini-ITX, microATX and standard ATX. Will this support the motherboard I listed above? (ASROCK 970 Extreme 3)

Sorry, I want to make sure my stuff fits!