Best CPU For HD7850?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woflz

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Hey guys I'm building a new PC for Christmas and I was wondering what would be the best CPU for the GPU I am getting (HD7850)

I am not too sure which one to get, could you guys help me out? :hello:

firedice

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
I would say go with one of the cheaper Sandy-Bridge i5s. Definitely your best pick here. MUCH better than any AMD CPU and definitely better than the i3, especially in multi-player/MMO games (in single-player games too).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286^ THE CPU

http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/amd_fx_8350_and_fx_6300,6.html PERFORMANCE

If you could spend just 20$ more then this would be a good choice. It's about as fast as the i3-3220 in singleplayer gaming. It will really pay off in heavy multiplayer games and multitasking, where it probably will pull away from the i3-3220. Also worth mentioning is its capability of overclocking that is pretty good.

If you had a bigger budget I would have recommended the i5 ivy bridge series, but that would be my choice if I were you and had the same budget.

he has 120$ - i5 isn't possible from ivy or sandy bridge.

woflz

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Budget for CPU will be anywhere from $150 to $170 AUD

I will be using the PC mainly for gaming and streaming PC games, i'd like a CPU that can handle streaming games and keeping a stable, playable fps (35+ fps) on mid/high settings

twelve25

Distinguished
I'm clueless why so many people want to stream gameplay, it seems like half the people want to do that, but who watches them?

Anyway, anymore, if I couldn't afford a i5, I'd get an fx6300 and then step down to a 4300 as last resort.

Phenom II's are nice, but they don't outperform the 4300's for gaming and they use more power.

friends do. Many of my friends stream now and then and we watch and laugh at them.

twelve25

Distinguished
Agreed, the 6300 is better, but $30 is sometimes just enough to bust the budget. I was just listing that as a last resort, and really, it will game pretty well. You are just giving up those 2 cores you'll need for streaming! :)

woflz

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Would an FX-6300 Perform well with stock speeds? Im not sure on overclocking.. this is my first build and I dont want to stuff anything up xD

Status
Not open for further replies.