First Time Builder :(

Riceness

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Hello people of the interwebs.
After being on a macbook for 4 years, I think it's time to move back to windows and build my own computer. The main uses of the computer are for the occasionally gaming, video and photo editing, programming and just browsing. These are the parts that I've selected so far since my budget was about $2000. I just wanted a couple tips and opinions on this build, whether all these parts are compatible are not. I dont want to screw up hahaa. I really just aimed for a kinda future proof computer that I can stay with for a long time. I didn't really want to move to a 2011 mobo.

Part List

Help is much appreciated! :lol:

G

i'd look at a samsung 830 SSD, not sure about that sandisk . . you really do not need more than a 650 watt PSU but no harm in what you picked. and that 570 is out of stcok, you could get by with a less expensive one but stick with nVidia 5xx series for the cuda support from the fermi gpus.

overall you got the right idea though.

G

kepler cards do not do well for video editing . .gaming yes, professional usage no.

Riceness

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Thanks alot for the replies, I might keep the 750w psu incase I want to expand in the future. I'm not gonna do professional video editing just the occasional for projects, not any extreme rendering. But it still is a viable option. I'll look into the 670/480 if I can afford the $100+ more

Riceness

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
yeah I think i will go for the 670, it seems like a good value and since it was just released in may. Is 750w still enough? or is it overkill? I might just go down to 650w

Riceness

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
yeah I also do alot of programming such as software and game development so I think hyper threading would be an advantage.
btw what temperatures do you get with your evga gtx 670 on idle and load?

Well thats his benchmakrs but for me, it depends on the game. With Battlefield 3 i get around 64c if its not overclocked. and my idle temps are around 31 with my side panel off and 34-37 with the side panel on... I also have benched Metro 2033, Bad Company 2 and a few others if youd like to know what kind of frames i get