Graphics card installation problems

s3rialthrill

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Had put together my new pc system and everything went well with windows installation etc.
I had not yet installed my 2x gtx670s into the pc at that stage.
Once i install the Graphics card/s into my case the computer won't go past welcome screen and system repair says baddriver.
Sometimes freezes and restarts on systemrepair.
I have reinstalled windows multiple times, made sure it is plugged in correctly, tried using one card only, installed nvidia drivers in safe mode but still no luck.

Everything seems to be fine until i install the graphics cards.

Setup:
2xgtx670 zotac amp edition
I5 3570k
Corsair Ax850
Corsair H100 cpu cooler
Intel 520 ssd
wd 3tb
Asus bluray writer

I don't suppose i can get a sort of refund as i'm guessing it's the cards, but it's strange if it's both.

Most likely the cards. But you have tried the latest drivers correct. Sounds to me like your heavily over thinking the driver process. Haven't heard this issue yet for a NVIDIA driver.... Or atleast not a ocurance of it not even displaying in windows.

s3rialthrill

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Yeah i did end up getting safe mode with networking and installed latest drivers but same issue. I've been up all night trying everything i can think of apart from reinstalling windows on a different hard drive which i will try soon.
Can you get refunds for these cards or just replacements? I'm new to the pc building scene so i'm unsure.

randomkid

Distinguished

It depends on where you buy it & the terms & conditions of your purchase. But if most stores will not, you can claim from the manufacturer's themselves.

It might be a long shot but have you tried updating the motherboard BIOS?

TRENDING THREADS