I just bought a new Z77 Pro 3 motherboard and an i5 3570k. I installed both. Everything is connected, including a new stick of 4 GB DDR3 RAM. I'm using a Corsair 650W power supply.
I have a USB hub and an audio interface connected to the motherboard. What they are doesn't matter - when I flip on the power switch (from 0 to 1) on the back of the PSU, they both light up for about a second, then turn off. The power button does not turn on the computer and I am sure I attached the jumpers to the right areas.
ASROCK Z77 Pro 3 Mobo
One stick of 4 gb Corsair RAM
Old Parts: Unlocked 6950
2 x SATA 250 GB Hard Drives
Coolermaster 650W PSU
Installed these things today. Here's exactly what has happened so far.
1. Installed everything, turned on computer - any usb devices connected to the computer lit up for a brief second. Computer would not turn on.
2. Fixed the jumpers, as I had accidentally put the power jumper on the reset jumper spot on the mobo.
3. Computer now turns on, fans run; however, it runs for about 5 seconds then shuts off, then turns on again. There is still no display.
4. Reseated the RAM, now here I am. Computer runs, fans and LEDs turn on, but no display. Double checked all wires and connections.
5. Followed checklist.
6. In addition to the checklist, I tried plugging my monitor into the onboard video. There is still no display.