Sign in with
Your question

Internet Speed for Gaming

Last response: in Networking
July 27, 2011 5:52:07 PM

Is this internet speed fast enough for gaming, because people say that this(http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/xerb213/Captu...) internet is too slow?

More about : internet speed gaming

July 27, 2011 10:15:34 PM

Get a life troll.
m
l
July 28, 2011 2:58:32 AM

what?
m
l
Related resources
July 28, 2011 3:18:36 AM

LOL, nice. That is not from a home network. You just went to your employer which most likely is a large corporation which usually have very fast speeds.

However I'm willing to bet my home network connection is faster than yours if you are trying to compete.
m
l
July 28, 2011 5:10:10 AM

This kid even took the time to use a photo editor and cut out the bottom portion of the image showing the ISP which would clearly most likely mention the employer.
m
l
July 28, 2011 5:17:07 AM

blackhawk1928 said:
This kid even took the time to use a photo editor and cut out the bottom portion of the image showing the ISP which would clearly most likely mention the employer.

I'll go ahead and post mine, just for the sake of it...

Running off wireless too and I think someone else in the house is using the net, but still. Nothing to brag about, by it gets the job done for what I need.
m
l
July 28, 2011 5:21:17 AM

^Seem he cut off the bottom part where is says your ISP and Server...not to mention, its easy to edit such a thing.

Your download and ping are excellent, upload is *okay*.

Here is my home, Verizon Fios=Best

Also, do the pingtest,

m
l
July 28, 2011 5:29:11 AM

No, it's really not that bad, especially since I don't have to pay for it. :D 

I'll be moving in January, of which I plan on getting a much faster service then.
m
l
July 28, 2011 5:31:21 AM

blackhawk1928 said:
Here is my home, Verizon Fios=Best

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a fiber connection. And most definitely did he cut the ISP off. I guess the My Little Pony MMO server (singular) is down right now. :lol: 
m
l
July 29, 2011 5:06:08 PM

^Very general statement. I agree, but your speed also depends on how many users are on your network. If you have one user and soley play games while NOT downloading other stuff, I think a quality 5-10mbps download would be enough.

There is also the quality of your connection...how consistent it is, jitter, ping...etc...similar to what pingtest.net shows.
m
l
!