Internet Speed for Gaming

xerb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Is this internet speed fast enough for gaming, because people say that this(http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/xerb213/Capture.png) internet is too slow?

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
LOL, nice. That is not from a home network. You just went to your employer which most likely is a large corporation which usually have very fast speeds.

However I'm willing to bet my home network connection is faster than yours if you are trying to compete.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished

No, you usually needs speeds around 700Mbps down and 500Mbps up. Maybe you should think about upgrading your equipment.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished

I'll go ahead and post mine, just for the sake of it...

1405611332.png

Running off wireless too and I think someone else in the house is using the net, but still. Nothing to brag about, by it gets the job done for what I need.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
^Very general statement. I agree, but your speed also depends on how many users are on your network. If you have one user and soley play games while NOT downloading other stuff, I think a quality 5-10mbps download would be enough.

There is also the quality of your connection...how consistent it is, jitter, ping...etc...similar to what pingtest.net shows.