Windows File opening problem

Blankhi people ;

Just a quick one.

When i open My Computer and then C: or one of my drives then it opens
each folder in its own window, but i have checked the box that says "open
each folder in the same window". i think it might be a "folder options fault
but i dont know the command paramerters to set them back to Default. can
someone paset them here for me ?

THANKS

Karl.
4 answers Last reply
More about windows file opening problem

    Karl,

    Type this command in Start, Run dialog:

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "karl.blackwell1" <karl.blackwell1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Blankhi people ;
    >

    > Just a quick one.
    >
    > When i open My Computer and then C: or one of my drives then it opens
    > each folder in its own window, but i have checked the box that says "open
    > each folder in the same window". i think it might be a "folder options
    > fault
    > but i dont know the command paramerters to set them back to Default. can
    > someone paset them here for me ?
    >

    > THANKS
    >
    > Karl.

    More Information:

    This happens if one adds additional commands for Folders/Drives via Folder
    Options, File Types dialog, and making modifications to the "File Folders".
    To remove additonal commands that you added to "File Folders", you need to
    edit the registry

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell

    "Find" is the only sub-key present by default (added by Windows XP).
    Remaining ones can be deleted safely. But, be sure to backup the registry
    before deleting the keys.

    Then, execute this command from Start/Run:
    (Tip from David Candy)

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > Karl,
    >
    > Type this command in Start, Run dialog:
    >
    > regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "karl.blackwell1" <karl.blackwell1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> Blankhi people ;
    >>

    >> Just a quick one.
    >>
    >> When i open My Computer and then C: or one of my drives then it opens
    >> each folder in its own window, but i have checked the box that says "open
    >> each folder in the same window". i think it might be a "folder options
    >> fault
    >> but i dont know the command paramerters to set them back to Default. can
    >> someone paset them here for me ?
    >>

    >> THANKS
    >>
    >> Karl.

    Thanks Ramesh.