Computer black screens, mostly gaming and sometimes youtube

zombieviking420

Honorable
May 31, 2012
:fou: :fou: :fou: :fou:
Iv dealt with this for a year now and its really starting to do my head in, on most games the screen goes black for a few seconds then returns to normal and it happens on youtube rarely.
iv stress tested my gpu which is a nvidia geforce 9600GS and it hits 80 c after 10 minutes which i think is reasonable so i dont think its that.
iv been trying to run crusader kings II and after one minute the screen goes to no signal but the audio continues and i have to restart, also when switching the computer on i have to press the power button ALOT! and all i can hear is it trying to start but failing within a second. :(
i should also put that my 9600gs was overheating to nearly 100 c but i cleaned the dust out and its went back to reasonable temps

sorry for the big essay but its best to post all the details i can think of so someone can help me :D

zombieviking420

Honorable
May 31, 2012
thanks for the reply.
well i ran MSI Kombuster and on idle it runs at 64C and when i do the stress test it goes to around 80
also i just took one of my 2GB ram sticks out and the switching on issue seems to have gone mostly

fantastik250

Distinguished
That's good. I don't know at what settings you play at, but you can lower the graphics settings it would further decrease the load on your graphics card. But, if you don't have problems as you stated then you should be fine.

zombieviking420

Honorable
May 31, 2012
the graphics issue still persists i cant play any games without it either pausing to a black screen for a second then popping back up or just ending to a no signal screen and i have to restart. iv tried lowering the settings in games and iv also tried underclocking which doesnt work.