Jun 27, 2012
I would like to for you guys to take a look at what I have so far.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=17577391

How I plan on using this computer- 1920 by 1080 resolution hardcore gaming with 60+ FPS while recording gameplay with fraps, watching youtube, web surfing, video editing.

Some of the games I plan on playing- Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Command and conquer generals 2 and many other games that require fast computers to play them.

I do not need a keyboard, mouse, monitor, Operating System, speakers or anything other than the bare computer parts. (I have these already)

My opinions (PLEASE READ what I have to say it took me like 30 minutes to type all of this)
-------------
Case- THOR V2 has 3 230mm fans and 1 140mm fan installed already, it has 2 fan controllers and the case is pretty cheap (The only thing I don't like about it is that it is huge but I will probably deal with it)

CPU- I5 3750K $110 cheaper than the 3770k and the only difference is hyperthreading (I love Intel and I plan on overclocking to 4Ghz or higher)

CPU cooler- HYPER 212 EVO is a cheap cooler has lots of positive reviews and I'm pretty sure I will be stable at 4Ghz overclock (My original plan was to go with an H100 but they cost like $100 and I would want to buy extra fans which would really make it cost like $120 or more)

Motherboard- MSI Z77A-G45 is just what I was looking for, a quality motherboard that supports 2 graphic cards in SLI with gen 3.0pci (I really like this motherboard and probably won't use any other one)

Video card- GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD This is a 670 video card that is cheap and has 3 fans! I plan on overclocking this card to perform like a 680 or better. (I plan on buying another one in like a year or two will they still be making this card?)

SSD- Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK I know it only has 120GB but that is plenty for my OS and most of my games I plan on playing (I also have external hard drives)

Ram- CORSAIR XMS3 8GB Not really much to say here, it's just ram :( (Don't really care about my ram as long as it 8gbs and has a latency of 9 so anything cheaper will do)

Blueray drive- LG makes some pretty good products and it reads and writes I believe.

Power supply- CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 It says it has long enough cables for full tower cases but what if I wanted to do all that fancy neat wiring behind the motherboard? (I want a good quality power supply that has at least 80+ bronze and long enough cables I am up for any recommendations.)
---------

I do not plan on getting corsair commander link it just so happened that I picked a lot of corsair parts so feel free to recommend me to something else.

The current price is about $1,250 right now without all these extra rebates.

Any help at all is apreciated!

If you don't like the size of the case, get a mid tower. The HAF-XM is $10 more and is just about the best mid-tower you can get. It even has the same general aesthetic as the Thor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119257&Tpk=HAF-XM

I agree with Bigcyco that you need 750W for dual Crossfire/SLI (motherboard supports it). I would recommend this Silverstone unit. Fully modular and 80+ Silver is hard to get for $134. I haven't had any problems with this PSU.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256059

This SSD is a bit cheaper, bit faster and a bit bigger. Remember to update its firmware before installing anything to it.
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB. $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227791

Jun 27, 2012

Thank your for replying I probably go with the Antec HCG 750 are the cables long enough for a full tower case though?

Jun 27, 2012

The HAF XM was my original choice but it doesn't come with a fan on the side so it would really cost more like $25 dollars if I buy that extra fan more and it doesn't have a fan controller either and I would probably go crazy having my fans set to 100% constantly.

Yes that is a nice power supply but it is alot more than the other one I picked out otherwise I would pick this one.

Jun 27, 2012

4Ghz is fine by me and I'll have to experiment and see how high I can get it to go. I don't think you even read what I wrote either because I said I didn't want to have a $100 cooler because that will only lower my temp about 7C more compared to the hyper 212 EVO. Please read what I had to say I put my effort into it. So can't you at least read it?

There is absolutely no point in OCing that high where you'd need a water cooler, unless you're an enthusiast.

Jun 27, 2012

Yes exactly, I only plan on going to 4Ghz so it's nothing too extreme I think the 212 EVO will let me get to that just fine maybe even more but I will have to do the experimenting myself. But if someone would like to give me an guess of what I could get to that would be fine. Litteraly a guess nothing more.

My house is usually about 77-78 degrees farenheit.
My case is the THOR V2 so it has 3 230mm (2 intake 1 exhaust) fans and 1 140mm fan (exhaust)
And I plan on overclocking my 670 to perform like a 680 so that will create some extra heat
I plan on running case fans on about 90% speed and my 670's fans will run on 40-60% speed

I should defiantly be able to get to 4.0Ghz but what do you think the max I will get to stable? Any guesses are fine as I just want to have sort of an idea before I get this computer.

TRENDING THREADS