Quest : [59] The Fate of the Kingdom

Hi!

Why can't I get this quest from King Magni Bronzebeard in Ironforge? I'm lvl
60 Night Elf, and I have completed the quest "The Smoldering Ruins" given by
Roayal Historian Archesonus days ago.

The king of ironforge will not talk to me at all. Is a reputation with the
dwarfes better than honored required too, or is it just a bug? My guild is
going to BRD soon, and this is the only quest I haven't got down there.

All hints and help will be appreciated!

** Carpe Modem **

In <42b99e39$1@news.broadpark.no> "[ niko ]" <nikolaiirgens@hotmail.com> writes:

> Why can't I get this quest from King Magni Bronzebeard in Ironforge? I'm
> lvl 60 Night Elf, and I have completed the quest "The Smoldering Ruins"
> given by Roayal Historian Archesonus days ago.

Because you haven't finished the Kharan Mighthammer quest yet?

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

writes:

> > Why can't I get this quest from King Magni Bronzebeard in Ironforge?
> > I'm lvl 60 Night Elf, and I have completed the quest "The Smoldering
> > Ruins" given by Roayal Historian Archesonus days ago.

> Because you haven't finished the Kharan Mighthammer quest yet?

I guess that this is probably the explanaition yes, and i read about that on
Thottbot also. My problem is still that the King will not talk to me and
give me that quest either... Is Thottbot be wrong about the king giving this
quest, and it's rather a drop inside BRD; or I have to do some other magic
to get [59] Kharan Mighthammer ?

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :)

In <42b9bbb6$1@news.broadpark.no> "[ niko ]" <nikolaiirgens@hotmail.com> writes:

> I guess that this is probably the explanaition yes, and i read about that on
> Thottbot also. My problem is still that the King will not talk to me and
> give me that quest either... Is Thottbot be wrong about the king giving this
> quest, and it's rather a drop inside BRD; or I have to do some other magic
> to get [59] Kharan Mighthammer ?

Hmm. Have you been inside BRD at all yet? Maybe you found Kharan inside
BRD, which finishes that quest, but then you didn't properly pick up the
followon quest, The Bearer of Bad News, which leads to The Fate of the
Kingdom? (You have to listen to Kharan tell his sad story in order to
get the Bearer quest; maybe you didn't listen to it all the way through?)

--

writes:

> > I guess that this is probably the explanaition yes, and i read about
> > that on Thottbot also. My problem is still that the King will not
> > talk to me and give me that quest either... Is Thottbot be wrong
> > about the king giving this quest, and it's rather a drop inside
> > BRD; or I have to do some other magic to get [59] Kharan
> > Mighthammer ?

> Hmm. Have you been inside BRD at all yet? Maybe you found Kharan
> inside BRD, which finishes that quest, but then you didn't properly
> pick up the followon quest, The Bearer of Bad News, which leads
> to The Fate of the Kingdom? (You have to listen to Kharan tell
> his sad story in order to get the Bearer quest; maybe you didn't
> listen to it all the way through?)

I have not been inside BRD, except for a few yards after the portal to see
what it looked like, when I was down there to kill Overmaster Pyron. I have
never seen Kharan, had the quest or completed it by accident...
My goal wa to gather as many quests for BRD as possible before going there,
but it looks like I have to return a few times, and maybe the king in
Ironforge will give the quest to me eventually.

If I'm lukcy someone in my guild has the quest and can share it with me...

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:06:36 +0200, "[ niko ]" <nikolaiirgens@hotmail.com>
scribed into the ether:

>"John Gordon" <gordon@panix.com> wrote in message
>> In <42b9bbb6$1@news.broadpark.no> "[ niko ]" <nikolaiirgens@hotmail.com>
>writes:
>
>> > I guess that this is probably the explanaition yes, and i read about
>> > that on Thottbot also. My problem is still that the King will not
>> > talk to me and give me that quest either... Is Thottbot be wrong
>> > about the king giving this quest, and it's rather a drop inside
>> > BRD; or I have to do some other magic to get [59] Kharan
>> > Mighthammer ?
>
>> Hmm. Have you been inside BRD at all yet? Maybe you found Kharan
>> inside BRD, which finishes that quest, but then you didn't properly
>> pick up the followon quest, The Bearer of Bad News, which leads
>> to The Fate of the Kingdom? (You have to listen to Kharan tell
>> his sad story in order to get the Bearer quest; maybe you didn't
>> listen to it all the way through?)
>
>I have not been inside BRD, except for a few yards after the portal to see
>what it looked like, when I was down there to kill Overmaster Pyron. I have
>never seen Kharan, had the quest or completed it by accident...

There is a rescue quest which must be completed before you can keep going.
Without having done this quest inside BRD, you won't get additional quests
up the line (ending with rescuing the princess)

>My goal wa to gather as many quests for BRD as possible before going there,
>but it looks like I have to return a few times, and maybe the king in
>Ironforge will give the quest to me eventually.

Higher instances have their quests designed to not be possible to complete
in a single run. There's a series in Strathholme which requires 3 trips,
ending in beating the Big Boss.

>If I'm lukcy someone in my guild has the quest and can share it with me...

Quests in a chain cannot be shared, unless the other person is at the same
stage.

"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:06:36 +0200, "[ niko ]" <nikolaiirgens@hotmail.com>
> scribed into the ether:

> >I have not been inside BRD, except for a few yards after the portal to
> >see what it looked like, when I was down there to kill Overmaster
> >Pyron. I have never seen Kharan, had the quest or completed it
> >by accident...

> There is a rescue quest which must be completed before you can keep.
> going Without having done this quest inside BRD, you won't get
> additional quests up the line (ending with rescuing the princess)

Great, this explains it all I guess, thanks a lot! I guess the rescue /
escort could be the thing from "The True Masters" or something like that, we
will figure it out now.

> >My goal wa to gather as many quests for BRD as possible before going
> >there, but it looks like I have to return a few times, and maybe the
> >king in Ironforge will give the quest to me eventually.

> Higher instances have their quests designed to not be possible to
> complete in a single run. There's a series in Strathholme which
> requires 3 trips, ending in beating the Big Boss.

I knew that. The guild is planning at least 3 trips to BRD for every member
+ a few raids later to get drops. I didn't expect to get all the quests for
BRD in one run, just as many as possible, and information on Thottbot and
the Wiki was a bit incomplete.

> >If I'm lukcy someone in my guild has the quest and can share it with
> >me...

> Quests in a chain cannot be shared, unless the other person is at the
> same stage.

Yes, now that I know it's part of a chain I realise sharing will not work.
Thanks a lot for all your help, the guild I'm in should be able to move on
and and complete this now without wasting more time searching for a quest we
can't get yet.

I'm so happy :)

[ niko ] wrote:
> "Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
>
>>On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:06:36 +0200, "[ niko ]" <nikolaiirgens@hotmail.com>
>>scribed into the ether:
>

>>>I have not been inside BRD, except for a few yards after the portal to
>>>see what it looked like, when I was down there to kill Overmaster
>>>Pyron. I have never seen Kharan, had the quest or completed it
>>>by accident...
>

>>There is a rescue quest which must be completed before you can keep.
>>going Without having done this quest inside BRD, you won't get
>>additional quests up the line (ending with rescuing the princess)
>

> Great, this explains it all I guess, thanks a lot! I guess the rescue /
> escort could be the thing from "The True Masters" or something like that, we
> will figure it out now.

Correct. That's a long chain link. You'll be going to windsor in the
jail twice after that. So you'd better get that going so you can speak
to windsor and Kharan at the same time.

ps, if you die in BRD, you can pick up another quest in spirit form from
that ghost on the tomb.