Blue screen - bad graphics card????

ryuen76

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Whenever I game, I've been getting a blue screen but my computer is still running. At first I thought it was my graphics card but recently even when I'm just web browsing, my computer will randomly freeze. I took off my cpu and air sprayed it to free it of dust. I also added some arctic silver before putting my cpu back on and my computer will still randomly freeze while web browsing and I will still randomly get the blue screen when I game.

I dont want to buy a new graphics card or a new cpu until I know what the problem is. I am assuming its either my graphics card or cpu overheating? I could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance!

Antec 300 series case
Antec 450 or 460 psu (cant remember the exact wattage)
12gb ripsaw ram
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black edition
MSI 870A-G54 mobo

ryuen76

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

Im pretty sure they are the same kits. I originally only ran 1 4gb stick (odd number) and maybe about 3 months ago I bought another 8gb because it was so cheap on newegg. But ill try take out 1 4gb stick and see if that solves the problem.

Yeah, definitely try taking out the original 4GB module to see if that fixes it. It may be the very same RAM, but you're running a Dual/Single Channel config that can cause issues and it's not perfectly matched, for sure.

ryuen76

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

Ok ill try that. I hope I can remember which one was my original 4gb stick.. lol

ryuen76

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Now I know its not my RAM that is causing it to crash because it just crashed a few mins ago while I was playing D3...

Anyone else might know what the cause is?