Casio EX-Z750 vs. Canon SD500 v. Sony P-200

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 20, 2005 6:28:04 AM

I am looking for a small digital camera. I have been looking at the Casio
EX-750. Also the Canon SD500 and the Sony P-200.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Which would you recommend?

Thanks,
Tom Pollan
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 10:30:26 PM

"Tom Pollan" <tpollan@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for a small digital camera. I have been looking at the Casio
>EX-750. Also the Canon SD500 and the Sony P-200.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with these? Which would you recommend?

I bought the Casio EX-Z750 last night. I'm already having 'lens error'
problems, which I had read about but figured it was unlikely to happen.
Wrong. Also, whenever the lens opens, it makes a click sound that I don't
remember it doing the first few times I used it. I don't want reliability to
be a major issue so despite pretty good movie mode and other attractive
features, it's going back.

I've had the Sony P-100 for about a year, and I'm giving that to my wife.
I've liked its quality, protability and reliability, and the P-200 appears
to be a substantial improvement.

Heard great stuff about image quality on the Canon but haven't tried it.

I'm going to have a look at the Kodak v550. It's very compact, has a nice
LCD, is supposed to have a high quality lens, it allows optical zoom during
video mode, and there are no reliability issues I've heard of. I understand
battery life is mediocre, though.

Good luck.
!