Solved

Low 3DMark11 score? EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Core Classified

I just bought an EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 448 Core Classified. I ran the free benchmark and got a 5566 GPU score. The Futuremark website's compare list shows it should get 5730. Neither my CPU nor the GPU is overclocked. Is this an accurate stock score for this model? Would the PSU have anything to do with it (I'm using adapters for both power plugs for the video card and its the stock 500W, but I've disconnected the DVD drive for more overhead; calculators all say I should be fine for wattage, but maybe I have no idea what I'm doing)?

ASUS Essentio CG5290
i7 920 2.66GHz
9GB DDR3 SDRAM

If anyone else has a similar setup with this same model, I would love to hear what your results are. Or if anyone knows of some things I should try to boost performance without overclocking that would be awesome.

Here's my link:
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3532976
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3dmark11 score evga core classified
  1. Best answer
    It's perfectly fine considering you haven't overclocked. Mine GTX 560 Ti 384, which is overclocked to it's limits, gets 5395 GPU score. So if you overclocked yours, you'd be even higher. Remember, most people who benchmark and submit score to Futuremark have their cards overclocked.
  2. Ah, I was beginning to think that. That sets my mind at ease. Thanks.
  3. When they first started that comparison chart, it seemed to compare you to all similar computers regardless of clocks, and unless you were heavily OC'ed, you would always be considered to be performing below par. However, it does seem this is no longer the case, as I can go stock or heavily OC'ed and get the same "comparable to other" result.

You are not far behind what it should be, so I wouldn't be too worried, but there could be a couple tweaks that are off. Perhaps you have FXAA turned on, you might have 3D Vision drivers enabled (even if not in use), or other possible small performance hits.
  4. Best answer selected by dezviper.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx EVGA Core Graphics