Upgrades?

Hello,
I'm going to start off by saying I am a complete n00b with PC's, and I'm also twelve.
Okay, so my Processor is a 1090t (Watercooled) overclocked to 3.8 Ghz (I was a little afraid to overclock any further but I will be going to 4.2 Ghz) and my GPU is a Gtx XFX 260 Core Edition.
I have the Gigabyte 970Fx but I also have the ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard but I don't know whether I should put that in because the 970 is a higher number (lol.)

I must admit that I don't want to put the Republic Of Gamers motherboard in because the watercooling is a absolute nightmare to set up :S

Anyways, I want to upgrade because it cant play games very well (Battlefield 3, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas etc...)
So what I have in mind is a EVGA 670 4096Mb W/Backplate or the Superclocked version...
I love AMD but I'm not very comfortable with overclocking GPU's (7950, 7970) However I definitely will consider them.
My current graphics card runs too hot and consumes too much power so I don't think I'll get a second one of these to go into a SLI configuration. So yeah, my question is what GPU should I get? I'm not too keen on SLI/Crossfire because of microstutter and driver problems and also the power consumption and heat. Should I wait for the 660/660 Ti or just go for the 670 4096Mb, or go a different route entirely and go for 7970. I cant get the 680 4096Mb because of the high price, I only saved up £420 from my job.
Sorry for how long this was, and thank you in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about upgrades
  1. Forgot to add that I have HyperX Kingston 1600mhz RAM (2x2GB)
    Ooh smilies :bounce:
  2. Wrong section.
  3. PO is also 12. He will be back on 26th June when he is old enough.
  4. This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Graphics & Displays by Pyree
  5. You can't really go wrong with GTX 670. It's the best bang for the buck at its price range. Good luck on your purchase!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product