Nvlddmkm.sys - BSoD - 8800GS - W7

StuartGD

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I currently am getting several BSoD's due to a Nvidia file it seems a lot of people are having trouble with, latest drivers (At this date), Windows 7 x64 Home Prem, 4 GB DDR3 1333mhz ram (Checked, no problems with it!), i3 2120 3.3ghz, 8800 GS card (My PSU blew on my old system.. Waiting till the weekend to get a new one and then will upgrade to a 4870 1GB which my dad has spare).

So I got the latest drivers for this card, EVERYTHING is up to date, I got this system three days ago, self built it and self updated and did everything I could to get it to work perfect, on the day I was playing games (AKA the first day I got it) after finishing some games of APB to test it out I encountered my first BSoD due to this file / driver, and it keeps happening around 5-8am in the morning too, any other time it seems okay, I just dunno why I am getting this, I can provide the minidumps if needed from the BSoD.

File is - nvlddmkm.sys

StuartGD

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
460Watt, it is way more than enough for this whole system I think, I used my old system with this but with a Dual Core 2.7ghz upped to 3.0ghz, and as far as I know those took more watt's to power

G

seriously, when i had a 9600gt i didn't find any "enhanced" performance with any driver past 176.xx and now with a 550ti i am getting issues with anything past 295.73

with an older nVidia GPU it just seems that i end up rolling back to the last known working version. it seems that any differences on updated drivers from nVidia are for newer cards and causes problems with older cards.

i have no article to link for my proof just relating my experiences.

StuartGD

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Well I have sorted the problem, thanks to my Dad helping me, we had to copy nvlddmkm.sy_ and expand it and place it in the system32 folder, that BSoD fixed properly now..

Now I get 0x00000050 fltmgr.sys or just random 0x00000050 with no information on what caused it, I have checked the ram about 20ish times, I think it may also be due to the PSU and GFX card, I got a 460w in here which is -pretty- old, I will be getting a newer PSU and change to a ATI card on the weekend hopefully but would love a fix now xD

G

^
:lol: sunis
i agree though i find it funny, with windows for workgroups 3.11, thats how you had to install drivers . . .ahh the memories. :)

StuartGD

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

You actually can.. Or they wouldn't say it is a good BSoD fix, it fixed my BSoD's actually, it isn't due to that as I got those 0x0000050 before but atm it seems to be fixed, lets hope right?

To be honest, it didn't fix it. It created another problem. It's version probably doesn't match. When computer executes the .dll code, it tries to use some other files. It opens those other files and it needs to extract 1894-4915 bytes. Remember, the version is different. It extracts it, tries to run it, BAM bluescreen.

That's one of the things that might happen... Reinstall the driver manualy.

StuartGD

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

Nope, me and my dad now have found out the problem behind my 0x000050's, it was due to bad Ram stick or sticks, in the ram I brought, I tried my dads ram (Totally the same) worked perfectly, he used mine, he got BSOD's, so will send the ram back, the nvlddmkm works fine so I am not changing that at all anymore, I didn't reinstall I just updated and re-unpacked the sy_ one and replaced, works perfectly

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
i've been working on someones ASUS ROG laptop that refuses to work with the driver installed, it runs perfectly fine with the basic VGA driver, but install anything for the card and it craps out, he's got a 9800M GS and when the driver is installed the heat output almost triples, in idle no less, i'm fairly even further displeased with nVidia's bullshit shenanigans. From what i have searched up and found, nVidia refuses to even consider revising this Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD issue. Even after having been sued over their incessant over heating they still push out this crap.

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
downgraded to a 9700GT from the 9800GS and it is working perfectly, tried all the other driver installations etc, what it is, is the card failed, these nVidia's simply produce more heat than they can dissipate, really really annoying habit they have across all models.