Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Bottleneck issues so cpu change?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Gtx
  • Bottleneck
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 5, 2012 6:59:59 PM

Right now im having bottleneck issues with my 2 gtx 660s gc editions. So I think it is time for a processor change should i got with the fx 8350 or the i5-3570k
system spec
m5a99x evo
8gb amd rab
2 gtx 660 galaxy clocked sli
fx-8120
evga 750w modular PSU
My idea if the switch is necessary to get rid of bottleneck issues
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
opinions, thanks
also I have read somewhere that it could be my motherboards northbridge so if the current motherboard i suggest is bad could you suggest on staying under 350$s for both the cpu and mobo

More about : bottleneck issues cpu change

Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 5, 2012 7:27:55 PM

rolli59 said:
So FX8350 would be cheaper upgrade but 3570K and a Z77 board the faster. Here is the board I would go with although there is nothing wrong with the selected Asrock. Asus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Like Rolli59 said, it really just depends if you are willing to spend ~$350 for the 5-15% performance increase by going with the i5 over the ~200 for the 8350.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 12:32:44 AM

Derza10 said:
Like Rolli59 said, it really just depends if you are willing to spend ~$350 for the 5-15% performance increase by going with the i5 over the ~200 for the 8350.

Will the i5-3570k bottleneck also will the fx-8350 do the same?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a c 86 V Motherboard
December 6, 2012 12:35:36 AM

Kriseagle said:
Will the i5-3570k bottleneck also will the fx-8350 do the same?
i5-3570k will not bottleneck
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 12:47:03 AM

bigcyco1 said:
i5-3570k will not bottleneck

Ok but what about the cheaper fx8350 route
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a c 86 V Motherboard
December 6, 2012 12:49:18 AM

Kriseagle said:
Ok but what about the cheaper fx8350 route
I am not a amd cpu fan so i honestly would not know.Wait for more replies on that question. ;) 
m
0
l
a c 913 à CPUs
a c 1183 V Motherboard
December 6, 2012 1:55:20 AM

Kriseagle said:
Ok but what about the cheaper fx8350 route

CPU Bottleneck depends on the resolution you play at, for example if you have 3 x 1080P monitors with extended resolution they will have exactly the same fps. If you on other hand have a single 1080P monitor in all likelihood you will get more fps with the 3570K but with your strong GPU setup who is going to notice the difference between 60 and 66fps or 120 and 135fps.
Both CPU's overclock with a suitable aftermarket cooler and eventual bottleneck can be reduced/eliminated that way.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 1:31:26 PM

rolli59 said:
CPU Bottleneck depends on the resolution you play at, for example if you have 3 x 1080P monitors with extended resolution they will have exactly the same fps. If you on other hand have a single 1080P monitor in all likelihood you will get more fps with the 3570K but with your strong GPU setup who is going to notice the difference between 60 and 66fps or 120 and 135fps.
Both CPU's overclock with a suitable aftermarket cooler and eventual bottleneck can be reduced/eliminated that way.

I use a 1080p 1920 by 1080, example I get major bottleneck with my Sli gtx 660s 41fps on bf3 ultra sometimes and nothing higher then 60fps will the fx8350 solve this since its cheaper or would I have to go with the i5
m
0
l
a c 913 à CPUs
a c 1183 V Motherboard
December 6, 2012 1:51:41 PM

Kriseagle said:
I use a 1080p 1920 by 1080, example I get major bottleneck with my Sli gtx 660s 41fps on bf3 ultra sometimes and nothing higher then 60fps will the fx8350 solve this since its cheaper or would I have to go with the i5

It all depends on overclock, they would be fairly close on std clocks. Are you overclocking your 8120? If you do you will see the bottleneck if you get increase in fps.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 2:08:27 PM

Kriseagle said:
I use a 1080p 1920 by 1080, example I get major bottleneck with my Sli gtx 660s 41fps on bf3 ultra sometimes and nothing higher then 60fps will the fx8350 solve this since its cheaper or would I have to go with the i5

I am getting higher framerates with my sapphire 7970 OC. I'm using a Phenom II x4 850 3.30Ghz, msi 870a-g54 mobo, cooler master SPH 850w psu, 1080p monitor and 8gb 1600mhz ripjaws.

I get around 63+ fps and around high 70's in operation metro map at ultra preset and my card is factory overclocked 1000 clock 1450 memory.

you should be getting more fps than me so I have no clue whats up. Try overclocking your cpu and see if theres any improvement.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 2:53:52 PM

pablo3264 said:
I am getting higher framerates with my sapphire 7970 OC. I'm using a Phenom II x4 850 3.30Ghz, msi 870a-g54 mobo, cooler master SPH 850w psu, 1080p monitor and 8gb 1600mhz ripjaws.

I get around 63+ fps and around high 70's in operation metro map at ultra preset and my card is factory overclocked 1000 clock 1450 memory.

you should be getting more fps than me so I have no clue whats up. Try overclocking your cpu and see if theres any improvement.

So there's something up haha but idk what is anyone know?
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 5:23:09 PM

rolli59 said:
It all depends on overclock, they would be fairly close on std clocks. Are you overclocking your 8120? If you do you will see the bottleneck if you get increase in fps.

I think my motherboard automatically does it(m5a99x evo) to 4 ghz but otherwise I dont know how to OC
m
0
l
a c 913 à CPUs
a c 1183 V Motherboard
December 7, 2012 12:06:59 AM

Kriseagle said:
I think my motherboard automatically does it(m5a99x evo) to 4 ghz but otherwise I dont know how to OC

FX CPU's have unlocked multiplier so it is a matter of changing that in BIOS. Just make sure you have sufficient cooling to deal with it. (std cooler not enough)
m
0
l
!