Graphics card: desktop tearing and gaming tearing

mowglibear

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Ok well im pretty sure my Graphics card has broken somewhere but just to ask you guys if it fixable.

i am experiencing desktop and game tearing and also different coloured pixels on screen, is there anything i can do to fix this or make it better if there is any information that you can give me even you say its dead that would be helpful thanks :) . and i am 100% sure it is the graphics card and not anything else.

mowglibear

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
it starting happening out of the blue first started my card on Thursday for the first time in a week and the screen had small blue, red and white dots on the desktop and on games it had tearing but all games still run at a high FPS

mowglibear

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
the dots at desktop are replaced by in game tearing, and v-sync is enabled in most games but not all but still tears not as much tho

mowglibear

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
yessss thank you ahilated it was up to date so i uninstalled the driver for catalyst control centre and downloaded a previous version (11.9) which worked perfectly thank you :)

You are most welcome. Sometimes just having another viewpoint can solve the brain teasers.