Favorite chat lingo

Last response: in Video Games
June 22, 2005 8:38:25 PM

I'm sure you see a lot of internet lingo to include things like wtf, stfu,
lol, q.q, T.T, roflcopter, lollerskates, omg, omfg, omfgwtf, even a Kirby
(>'.')> or a thumbs up d('.')b or a cheer \o/. I know theres a million of
them. My favorite is diaf (DIAF=Die in a fire) we use it to bust eachother
in guild chat all the time, loads of fun :)  Your favorites?

More about : favorite chat lingo

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:38:26 PM

Jesse Roos wrote:
> I'm sure you see a lot of internet lingo to include things like wtf, stfu,
> lol, q.q, T.T, roflcopter, lollerskates, omg, omfg, omfgwtf, even a Kirby
> (>'.')> or a thumbs up d('.')b or a cheer \o/. I know theres a million of
> them. My favorite is diaf (DIAF=Die in a fire) we use it to bust eachother
> in guild chat all the time, loads of fun :)  Your favorites?

My favorite is LOLZ- not because I think it's cool but because I think
it's obnoxious and lame. My wife feels the same way, which is exactly
why I use it frequently when we're playing together. I'm sure I should
go see a therapist, but I just love things like that... especially
singing really obnoxious songs right before she goes to bed so she
can't get them out of her head when she's trying to sleep.

Anyway, a recent example of LOLZ usage in General on the role-playing
realm Earthen Ring.

[Newguy]: Hey all, this is my first time on an RP server!
[Noobishguy]: What's RP?
[Me]: LOLZ Noobish!
[Newguy]: It stands for Role-Playing.
[Noobishguy]: How's RP different from the other servers?
[Me]: Oh. You were serious. LOLZ!!!

Then my wife physically distances her toon from mine and calls me an
idiot (offline), and this pleases me to no end.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:38:26 PM

I pretty much agree.

I can't stand the players using whatever the stupid acronym of the
month is. I realize many players are younger, and such is life at that
age. But I cringe when I hear my own 12 year old son say stuff like
"that's tight yo". I remind him that it's really not cool in any way to
intentionally sound like an ignorant fool.

So my actual friends/co-workers who regularly play together use the
same language mockingly. If we get a non-guildie on a team who uses
these expressions, they become the target of subtle ridicule.

example:

[player1] Hey guys, check out this drop I got last night [Green Armor
of the Platypus]
[stranger] That's hawt dude. gg
[player2] [player1] "Hawt?" "Dude?" Where'd you dig up this moron?
[player2] Yeah P1, that sure is hawt. Hawt as a hawtie.
[player1] [player2] We needed a Tank. What can I say.
[player3] Hawtness ftw, bro
[player1] kthxgjbye P3
[player1] [player3] Yeah, yeah. I know. P1's already busting my balls.

and so on...
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:38:26 PM

gaf1234567890 wrote:
> [player1] Hey guys, check out this drop I got last night [Green Armor
> of the Platypus]
> [stranger] That's hawt dude. gg
> [player2] [player1] "Hawt?" "Dude?" Where'd you dig up this moron?
> [player2] Yeah P1, that sure is hawt. Hawt as a hawtie.
> [player1] [player2] We needed a Tank. What can I say.
> [player3] Hawtness ftw, bro
> [player1] kthxgjbye P3
> [player1] [player3] Yeah, yeah. I know. P1's already busting my balls.

Hehe. There is no better joke than an inside one.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 11:58:27 AM

lol I got a real good chuckle out of that, my girlfriend complains a lot
when she dies or is having a hard time. She gets real pissed when i send her
something like Q.Q or ;/

"Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Jesse Roos wrote:
>> I'm sure you see a lot of internet lingo to include things like wtf,
>> stfu,
>> lol, q.q, T.T, roflcopter, lollerskates, omg, omfg, omfgwtf, even a Kirby
>> (>'.')> or a thumbs up d('.')b or a cheer \o/. I know theres a million of
>> them. My favorite is diaf (DIAF=Die in a fire) we use it to bust
>> eachother
>> in guild chat all the time, loads of fun :)  Your favorites?
>
> My favorite is LOLZ- not because I think it's cool but because I think
> it's obnoxious and lame. My wife feels the same way, which is exactly
> why I use it frequently when we're playing together. I'm sure I should
> go see a therapist, but I just love things like that... especially
> singing really obnoxious songs right before she goes to bed so she
> can't get them out of her head when she's trying to sleep.
>
> Anyway, a recent example of LOLZ usage in General on the role-playing
> realm Earthen Ring.
>
> [Newguy]: Hey all, this is my first time on an RP server!
> [Noobishguy]: What's RP?
> [Me]: LOLZ Noobish!
> [Newguy]: It stands for Role-Playing.
> [Noobishguy]: How's RP different from the other servers?
> [Me]: Oh. You were serious. LOLZ!!!
>
> Then my wife physically distances her toon from mine and calls me an
> idiot (offline), and this pleases me to no end.

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 4:42:56 AM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:38:25 -0400, "Jesse Roos" <rooster5@ptd.net>
wrote:

>I'm sure you see a lot of internet lingo to include things like wtf, stfu,
>lol, q.q, T.T, roflcopter, lollerskates, omg, omfg, omfgwtf, even a Kirby
>(>'.')> or a thumbs up d('.')b or a cheer \o/. I know theres a million of
>them. My favorite is diaf (DIAF=Die in a fire) we use it to bust eachother
>in guild chat all the time, loads of fun :)  Your favorites?

BLUE PLZ, and adding Z to the end of words randomly in general.

--
"Nintendo could have been making all the mistakes in the world before.
But because they were up against Sega, nobody noticed"