OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W vs Corsair CX 600

which power supply do people think is better quality?

Also what are peoples experiences with them and how noisy are they.

Can they power two hd 7850s and a overclocked i5 3570k?
9 answers Last reply
More about modxstream 600w corsair
  1. 1mon2gol1 said:
    which power supply do people think is better quality?

Also what are peoples experiences with them and how noisy are they.

Can they power two hd 7850s and a overclocked i5 3570k?

Hi - Most 7850's require two pci-e connectors each (four total), Neither of thse
    PSU's has four PCI-E connectors. You will need to step up to another
    PSU if you want to run 2 - 7850's.

Tom
  2. couldn't i just use molex to pci-e power connectors. i am more of asking if they can handle enough amps and watts
  3. Yes, run Molex connectors, 2 7850 and 3570k will be ok.

"600W power supply (or greater) with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended for AMD CrossFire™ technology."

from AMD Website

http://www.amd.com/uk/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7850/Pages/radeon-7850.aspx#2

Just used a CX600 in a build today with a HD7950, has 1x6 pci-e and one x8/6 pci-e connectors so you are good to go!
  4. which one do people think is better, the OCZ or the Corsair

Thanks for the quick replies
  5. Of the two, corsair is better but you could do better for the money ;)
  6. I have 2 of the Ocz Mod 600w psu and 2 of the Corsair CX430. No problems with any of them. I use the Ocz if I need 600 watts because for the same money as the CX600, but the Ocz has modular cabling make for a neater build. The OCZ has had good reviews. Check RealHardTechX.con for the reviews.
  7. What is your budget and where are you buying from?

If the OCZ ZS series is available then it is better than both.
  8. i was hoping to buy as cheaply as possible but still to get a decent power supply. i live in the uk so any website that ships there is fine.
  9. Also try to keep in mind the cable lenght, the OCZ's atx 4pin is quite short and doesnt allow being passed behind the board for cable management :S
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies OCZ Corsair Components