Sign in with
Your question

EVGA SuperNove NEX 750W Power Supply?

Last response: in Components
December 5, 2012 8:43:43 PM

I'm looking to upgrade my power supply from a 500W OCZ to something better.
I saw the EVGA power supply, saw it's price and that it was 80 plus gold rated and thought I couldn't go wrong, however I always like to double check and didn't find any reviews on it or anything.
So does anyone have any experience using it? What's their opinion on it?
What power supply would you recommend if that one doesn't work out very well?

Thanks,
James.
a c 260 ) Power supply
December 5, 2012 8:45:51 PM

JamesPoulton said:
I'm looking to upgrade my power supply from a 500W OCZ to something better.
I saw the EVGA power supply, saw it's price and that it was 80 plus gold rated and thought I couldn't go wrong, however I always like to double check and didn't find any reviews on it or anything.
So does anyone have any experience using it? What's their opinion on it?
What power supply would you recommend if that one doesn't work out very well?

Thanks,
James.

Do you have the model#?

If yes, plz post it

as far as recommending a PSU - you need to supply your sys specs
December 5, 2012 8:47:12 PM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Power SupplyPART NUMBER: 120-PG-0750-GR

Is that what you mean? It's all I could see on the EVGA site.
Related resources
December 5, 2012 8:50:27 PM

Sorry, I forgot to put that I was talking about the 750 in the OP.
a c 260 ) Power supply
December 5, 2012 8:57:26 PM

JamesPoulton said:
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Power SupplyPART NUMBER: 120-PG-0750-GR

Is that what you mean? It's all I could see on the EVGA site.

Yes - but I couldn't find a (qualified) review of it, just spec listings.
If you already purchased it, give it a try. If not, post your sys specs
and your location so I - we can suggest one for you.

Tom

chances are pretty good you can go with this
December 5, 2012 9:14:42 PM

I haven't already bought it, I wanted to find out about it before I purchased it.

My specs are:
Intel 2600, will be upgrading to a 3770K soon.
EVGA 660 SC, will be going with either SLI or buying a better card, possibly at Christmas, maybe later next year.
Basically I want a good Power Supply, that won't limit what I can do in the future.

I live in the UK.

Thanks,
James
a c 260 ) Power supply
December 5, 2012 9:32:44 PM

JamesPoulton said:
I haven't already bought it, I wanted to find out about it before I purchased it.

My specs are:
Intel 2600, will be upgrading to a 3770K soon.
EVGA 660 SC, will be going with either SLI or buying a better card, possibly at Christmas, maybe later next year.
Basically I want a good Power Supply, that won't limit what I can do in the future.

I live in the UK.

Thanks,
James

The EVGA PSU specs are enough, but without it being tested by a legit testing site
I can't recommend it. Go with it if you need to or check Seasonic,
Corsair TX or HX series, XFX pro, PC P&C, Antec, Enermax.
A quality 650w unit from this list will work, 750w will give you future
flexibility.
December 5, 2012 9:36:19 PM

Yeah I looked at the specs, which is what made me think about getting it in the first place, but reliabilty was my concern as one review I found on a forums page said it was just a modified something else (I can't recall it) and the original hadn't been very good. If it has warranty and I get it then I should be fine if it fails shouldn't I?

I did look at most of those, but price is my issue as I don't want to have to spend too much.

Thanks.
a c 260 ) Power supply
December 5, 2012 9:39:57 PM

JamesPoulton said:
Yeah I looked at the specs, which is what made me think about getting it in the first place, but reliabilty was my concern as one review I found on a forums page said it was just a modified something else (I can't recall it) and the original hadn't been very good. If it has warranty and I get it then I should be fine if it fails shouldn't I?

I did look at most of those, but price is my issue as I don't want to have to spend too much.

Thanks.

Go with it if it's the best price/spec unit you've looked at if it has at least 2 yr(preferably more)
warranty. If it doesn't have at least 2 yrs then EVGA doesn't think much of it's quality.

Tom
December 5, 2012 9:41:42 PM

Alright, thanks for the help :) 

James.
December 5, 2012 9:49:36 PM

On the EVGA site it says:
"Product Warranty
This product comes with a 5 year limited warranty with registration within 30 days of purchase.

EVGA offers several warranty solutions for our customers to choose from. Please refer to the suffix of the part number and our warranty terms for details."

With a 5 year warranty it would seem to be good quality, I'm just going to buy it and get the warranty.

Thanks for all of the help :D 
a c 260 ) Power supply
December 5, 2012 10:19:52 PM

JamesPoulton said:
On the EVGA site it says:
"Product Warranty
This product comes with a 5 year limited warranty with registration within 30 days of purchase.

EVGA offers several warranty solutions for our customers to choose from. Please refer to the suffix of the part number and our warranty terms for details."

With a 5 year warranty it would seem to be good quality, I'm just going to buy it and get the warranty.

Thanks for all of the help :D 

Gr8! - good luck with your rig

Tom
December 6, 2012 7:37:37 PM

Thanks.
If only it wasn't so much extra for the 1500W.
I don't need 1500W but, would've been nice to have xD

James.
!