Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can u tell me what kind of graphics and psu work with this slot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 1, 2012 2:44:50 PM

Available PCI Slots
No
Available PCI-E Slots
3 PCI Express x1 (Available); 1 PCI Express x16 (Available)

a c 80 U Graphics card
June 1, 2012 2:53:13 PM

what is the motherboard model number and the rest of the specs?
any pcie gfx card will fit a full width pcie x16 slot. it depends on pcie version and how many lanes the slot actually has. if the pcie x16 slot is the top one, it might have all 16 lanes enabled.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 1, 2012 3:01:30 PM

It would be a little help to do like he said and give us your motherboard model #
m
0
l
Related resources
June 1, 2012 3:02:47 PM

de5_Roy said:
what is the motherboard model number and the rest of the specs?
any pcie gfx card will fit a full width pcie x16 slot. it depends on pcie version and how many lanes the slot actually has. if the pcie x16 slot is the top one, it might have all 16 lanes enabled.



ok willdo

AMD Phenom II 960T Quad-Core
Processor Speed
3.0 GHz
Processor Cores
4
RAM
8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 (Expandable to 16 GB)
Hard Drive Capacity
1.5 TB
Hard Drive Speed (Revolutions Per Minut
5400 RPM

ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics
Dedicated Video Memory
No
Shared Video Memory
Up to 3067 MB

Video Memory
Not Applicable
Display

HDCP Compliant

Not Applicable
Audio
Audio Output
High Definition Audio; 7.1 Surround Sound Capabilities
Digital Input
No
Digital Output
Coaxial Digital Audio Out (SP-DIF)

Line Out
Yes
Line-In input
Yes
Sound Card
AMD 785G Chipset
Speaker Wattage
Not Applicable
Speakers
No
Networking
Ethernet Port
10/100Base-T
Integrated Bluetooth
No
Integrated WiFi
802.11b/g/n
Inputs/Outputs
Card Reader
15-In-1 Card Reader
Component Output
No
Composite Output
No
DVI Output
Yes
E-SATA
No
FireWire (IEEE 1394)
No
HDMI
No

No
S-Video Output
No
USB Ports
4 USB 2.0 Ports (Back); 2 USB 2.0 Ports (Front)

Available Hard Drive Bays
1 External 3.5" (Available); 2 Internal 3.5" (One Available)
Available Memory Slots
4 DIMM (240-Pin; DDR3) (Two Available)
Available Optical Bays
2 External 5.25" (One Available)
Available PCI Slots
No
Available PCI-E Slots
3 PCI Express x1 (Available); 1 PCI Express x16 (Available)

Processor Cache
2 MB L2 + 6 MB Shared L3
System Bus
4.0 GT/s

Tower Depth
41.0 cm
Tower Height
38.8 cm
Tower Width
17.5 cm
Tower Weight
9.6 kg
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 1, 2012 3:08:54 PM

Are you going to be gaming? what do you plan to do with the system. If your doing low level gaming. I'd said get a7750 or a GT 640 (When its out). And thats only if your unsure of what card you want. But your Motherboard board can handle any single card out on the market. If you get a new PSU, make sure its a fully modular power supply because i don't know what your case is so i can't make a asessment on what kinda of space you have
m
0
l
a c 80 U Graphics card
June 1, 2012 3:14:47 PM

is your pc a prebuilt pc? you didn't mention motherboard brand (or i've missed it).
anyway, according to amd's specs,
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/chipsets/7-serie...
your motherboard should have a pcie 2.0 x16 slot. usually the top blue slot is the pcie 2.0 x16 slot. any info on pc model number or motherboard brand and/or model number would have been better.
okay, your pc should be able to run any pcie 2.1, 2.0, 3.0 gfx cards. you might need to replace your current power supply depending on it's specs/model. you also need to specify your budget and requirements (gaming, movie watching etc.).
check your specs to see if this psu and this gfx card fit your pc:
psu - corsair cx 500 v2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
gfx card - sapphire radeon 6850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
June 2, 2012 6:05:31 AM

Rockdpm said:
Are you going to be gaming? what do you plan to do with the system. If your doing low level gaming. I'd said get a7750 or a GT 640 (When its out). And thats only if your unsure of what card you want. But your Motherboard board can handle any single card out on the market. If you get a new PSU, make sure its a fully modular power supply because i don't know what your case is so i can't make a asessment on what kinda of space you have



Hey i am gaming and the power supply is 300watts lOL it is a refurbished computer I bought from future shop, as for the model # on the motherboard I guess I have to open the tower up right?
m
0
l
June 2, 2012 6:08:07 AM

de5_Roy said:
is your pc a prebuilt pc? you didn't mention motherboard brand (or i've missed it).
anyway, according to amd's specs,
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/chipsets/7-serie...
your motherboard should have a pcie 2.0 x16 slot. usually the top blue slot is the pcie 2.0 x16 slot. any info on pc model number or motherboard brand and/or model number would have been better.
okay, your pc should be able to run any pcie 2.1, 2.0, 3.0 gfx cards. you might need to replace your current power supply depending on it's specs/model. you also need to specify your budget and requirements (gaming, movie watching etc.).
check your specs to see if this psu and this gfx card fit your pc:
psu - corsair cx 500 v2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
gfx card - sapphire radeon 6850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


It had 1 pc e 16 slot I think I dont know what kind of mother board I have to look, hey btw thanks a lot u guys
m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 6:08:52 AM

Not really. You can download CPU-z (www.cpuid.com) and it will tell you.

Is your case standard size? If so, any PSU and graphics card will work, so the limiting factor is your budget.
m
0
l
a c 80 U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 6:09:04 AM

@planes: you'll have to open the case anyway, when you insert the gfx card and put the new psu in. before you open the case, make sure you're grounded first or use a anti-static wrist band if you have one. however, if the pc is under warranty and opening the case breaches the warranty, i advise not to do it.
if you want to use a new gfx card, a new psu is a good bet. check out the one i linked earlier.
m
0
l
June 2, 2012 6:09:25 AM

thanks for help I will get back with the info on otherboard i have 1 pce 16 slot open I think , sorry I am continually learning about comps , (((soooooooo complex))))))))
m
0
l
!