6600 soft keys.. which do you have set?

Wondering if there is a common / most used, softkey(s) use. I have mine set
for LOG / Recorder at this time, but keep changing them.. suppose time will
tell me what I use the most.

What are yours set for?

Scott
13 answers Last reply
More about 6600 soft keys

    Mine's set to Calculator. Amazing how much I use this basic utility.

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:13:18 GMT, "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote:

    >Wondering if there is a common / most used, softkey(s) use. I have mine set
    >for LOG / Recorder at this time, but keep changing them.. suppose time will
    >tell me what I use the most.
    >
    >What are yours set for?
    >
    >Scott

    Cam and New Message
    --

    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

    10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

    http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

    Left: Profiles
    Right: New Message

    --
    Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    My firmware:

    "Hunter" <hunter@goodinfo.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    > Mine's set to Calculator. Amazing how much I use this basic utility.
    >
    > "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Wondering if there is a common / most used, softkey(s) use. I have mine
    > set
    > > for LOG / Recorder at this time, but keep changing them.. suppose time
    > will
    > > tell me what I use the most.
    > >
    > > What are yours set for?
    > >
    > > Scott

    ---

    >Cam and New Message

    Me too, but the other way round. Left = new message, right = camera.

    Incidentally when I had my left key set to messaging, it took ages to respond,
    so much so that I found it quicker to go there via the regular route.

    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    Henk Loosbroek wrote:
    > Left: Profiles
    > Right: New Message

    Why have profiles on a soft key? You can access the profile menu by pressing
    the on/off button once.

    > "Hunter" <hunter@goodinfo.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    >> Mine's set to Calculator. Amazing how much I use this basic utility.
    >>
    >> "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>> Wondering if there is a common / most used, softkey(s) use. I have
    >>> mine set for LOG / Recorder at this time, but keep changing them..
    >>> suppose time will tell me what I use the most.
    >>>
    >>> What are yours set for?
    >>>
    >>> Scott
    >>>

    > ---

    On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 22:46:04 +0100, "Comfortably Numb"
    <nothanks@nottoday.invalid> wrote:

    >Why have profiles on a soft key? You can access the profile menu by pressing
    >the on/off button once.

    The same could be asked of the OP, about using one for the log, when the green
    button brings this up.

    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    Perfect.. see I did not know the green button brought up the log.. now I
    do.. and I can change mine to something else.

    Thanks

    sc

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 03:05:26 GMT, "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> said:

    >Perfect.. see I did not know the green button brought up the log.. <snip>

    Neither did I. You learn something every day etc. etc.

    Mebbe someone should start a Nokia 6600 handy tips thread. :)
    --
    Mojo.

    > >Cam and New Message
    >
    > Me too, but the other way round. Left = new message, right = camera.
    >
    > Incidentally when I had my left key set to messaging, it took ages to
    > respond,
    > so much so that I found it quicker to go there via the regular route.
    >

    > Chris Pollard

    That's because the phone will pause after any press of the left key to see
    if you hit "*" straight after it to lock the keypad. Only after this pause
    will it run the application selected... That's why I have "new message" on
    the right one.

    Gary

    --
    "There's no such thing as bad weather - there's only the wrong clothes!"
    Billy Connolly.

    On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:00:33 +0100, "Gary Pigott" <usenet@garypigott.net> wrote:

    >> Incidentally when I had my left key set to messaging, it took ages to
    >> respond,
    >
    >That's because the phone will pause after any press of the left key to see
    >if you hit "*" straight after it to lock the keypad.

    Ooh, that makes perfect sense. I thought,because the key was programmable, that
    when you press it the phone then has to go and figure out what it's programmed
    to do.

    Thanks for that, I'll be swapping mine over then.

    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 10:21:50 +0800, Christopher Pollard <rubbish@cginternet.net>
    wrote:

    >Thanks for that, I'll be swapping mine over then.

    Ahh, that's much better.
    :-)

    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    In article <2ONOc.4977$AY5.2234@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote:

    > Wondering if there is a common / most used, softkey(s) use. I have mine set
    > for LOG / Recorder at this time, but keep changing them.. suppose time will
    > tell me what I use the most.
    >
    > What are yours set for?
    >
    > Scott

    Mine are set to 'To-Do' on the left, and 'Go To' on the right (because I
    can easily get to other shortcuts then).

    cheers...John

    Scott C wrote:

    > Wondering if there is a common / most used, softkey(s) use. I have mine set
    > for LOG / Recorder at this time, but keep changing them.. suppose time will
    > tell me what I use the most.
    >
    > What are yours set for?
    >
    > Scott

    Left: Camera
    Right: Favorites - therefore most apps are just 2 clicks away :-)

Nokia Scott