Solved

Monitor has faint horizontal line that moves vertical on screen

Hello everyone,

I have 3 monitors set up at my workstation and there are are couple of faint lines that move up each screen. They are about 2 inches thick and are not any color really they are just lighter than the rest of the screen then darker. I have tried booting into safe mode to see if it was a video driver issue but all that did was make the lines move faster and in the opposite direction. I am using an ATI Radeon HD 5570 video card if that is any help.

Thanks

(Not sure if this is the right place to put this question. I'm assuming it is a graphics card issue)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor faint horizontal line moves vertical screen
  1. Best answer
    I think you have diagnosed the problem properly.

If the issue arose on a single monitor, then I would suspect a monitor defect. But not on all three.

I think it is time to RMA or replace the graphics card.
  2. Are you running these monitors in an eyefinity display?
  3. Also, what type of monitors are they?
  4. They are Dell monitors. S1909WX I think. Could there be a problem with the power supply? I did not install the card and power supply, but I am assuming the person that put it in only used the stock PSU.
  5. I am not really sure what eyefinity is. The tech person(who does not work at the office) installed the CCC program. I dont know if this comes with all ATI cards or not
  6. Best answer selected by daboy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Workstations Monitors Graphics