Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Monitor has faint horizontal line that moves vertical on screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 1, 2012 4:07:13 PM

Hello everyone,

I have 3 monitors set up at my workstation and there are are couple of faint lines that move up each screen. They are about 2 inches thick and are not any color really they are just lighter than the rest of the screen then darker. I have tried booting into safe mode to see if it was a video driver issue but all that did was make the lines move faster and in the opposite direction. I am using an ATI Radeon HD 5570 video card if that is any help.

Thanks

(Not sure if this is the right place to put this question. I'm assuming it is a graphics card issue)

Best solution

a c 259 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 1, 2012 5:13:47 PM

I think you have diagnosed the problem properly.

If the issue arose on a single monitor, then I would suspect a monitor defect. But not on all three.

I think it is time to RMA or replace the graphics card.
June 1, 2012 5:42:02 PM

Are you running these monitors in an eyefinity display?
m
l
Related resources
a c 216 U Graphics card
a c 128 C Monitor
June 1, 2012 8:00:13 PM

Also, what type of monitors are they?
m
l
June 1, 2012 10:22:43 PM

They are Dell monitors. S1909WX I think. Could there be a problem with the power supply? I did not install the card and power supply, but I am assuming the person that put it in only used the stock PSU.
m
l
June 1, 2012 10:24:01 PM

I am not really sure what eyefinity is. The tech person(who does not work at the office) installed the CCC program. I dont know if this comes with all ATI cards or not
m
l
June 12, 2012 12:24:59 AM

Best answer selected by daboy.
m
l
!