Device Manager in XP Home

April 14, 2005 7:37:44 PM

My Device Manager has stopped working. When I try to
access it, I get the error message "ACTION CANCELLED" as
it tries to access the Internet.
Can someone help, please.
Thanks

More about : device manager home

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 10:17:54 PM

Run devmgmt.msc or if it is truly gone, create another
one by running "mmc /a", adding the device manager plug-in
and saving that to devmgmt.msc in %windir%\system32.

Ref: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch