Device Manager in XP Home

My Device Manager has stopped working. When I try to
access it, I get the error message "ACTION CANCELLED" as
it tries to access the Internet.
Can someone help, please.
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about device manager home

    Run devmgmt.msc or if it is truly gone, create another
    one by running "mmc /a", adding the device manager plug-in
    and saving that to devmgmt.msc in %windir%\system32.

    Ref: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Tony" wrote:

    | My Device Manager has stopped working. When I try to
    | access it, I get the error message "ACTION CANCELLED" as
    | it tries to access the Internet.
    | Can someone help, please.
    | Thanks

Configuration Device Manager Windows XP Microsoft Error Message Customization