Install side fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

huanwu26

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Hi, Like the subject suggests I am trying to install additional case fans to the side of my case. There are grills on the side of my case but no fans holes or anything to install fans to, if you know what I'm trying to say. So do I have to drill them in or are there alternative methods I can do without drilling holes on the side of my case in order to install the fans?

If you're wondering what case I have. Sadly I have a hp pavilion desktop case because I am upgrading my computer to a gaming one. Here is the manufactures website w/ all specifics: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02481324&lang=en&cc=us&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=4269976&prodTypeId=12454

Any advice?

mace200200

Honorable
Yea just because a case has grills doesn't mean you can mount a fan there without any modding. Many cheaper cases are this way. Go ahead and drill holes if you want, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first person to do so.

huanwu26

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

nah I will buy a new case when I can scrape alittle bit more money.

mace200200

Honorable

Your sure about that? I've built computers for a while now and I always go with cheap crappy cases as long as it at least looks like it'll cool well. Sure theres some problems with the cheap cases, I have a diablotek now (got it for $50 and it came with 4 fans), it's quite flimsy, I never move my computer but putting the side panel back on can be hard to do. Also if the front fan dies I don't think I'll be replacing it, it's tucked in there very weird. The point is, unless your cheap case has known problems such as shorting, or something else really bad, the extra money doesn't always justify a good brand case. Cases are the one thing you can buy crappy brands of.

huanwu26

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

It not really in my budget right now, but it will be in the near future .

huanwu26

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

Okay thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.