Closed Solved

Do i need a sound card added

Hi, I confuse about buying a sound card or using the integrated ones, my speaker is 2.1
http://www.bhinneka.com/products/sku00205659/altec_lansing_speaker_2.1__vs_4621_.aspx

i do animation, watching video, game (but not that much :p), listening music of course...

my mother board is
http://www.bhinneka.com/products/sku00312717/asus_motherboard_socket_lga1155__p8h77-v_.aspx

thank you for your attention :D
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sound card added
  1. i would stick with the integrated one if you got a cheap pair of speakers or headphones. Unless you are an audiophile then I would go for a good card. Some people will swear by the card they can hear more dynamic ranges a card will give you. But with what your doing you will be fine with onboard sound.
  2. The integrated sound card is actually pretty nice. No reason to get an additional sound card, but if you choose to go for one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA is a very nice sound card for cheap.
  3. te100 said:
    i would stick with the integrated one if you got a cheap pair of speakers or headphones. Unless you are an audiophile then I would go for a good card. Some people will swear by the card they can hear more dynamic ranges a card will give you. But with what your doing you will be fine with onboard sound.


    ok :D thank's for your reply
  4. samuelspark said:
    The integrated sound card is actually pretty nice. No reason to get an additional sound card, but if you choose to go for one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA is a very nice sound card for cheap.


    thank you for your reply,
    so I can say, if I want to buy this sound card, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

    I will not get big difference with integrated sound card?
  5. indrakurs said:
    thank you for your reply,
    so I can say, if I want to buy this sound card, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

    I will not get big difference with integrated sound card?


    Not really no.
  6. samuelspark said:
    Not really no.


    what about this?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102023
  7. Best answer
    indrakurs said:


    If you're going to buy one, go for the ASUS Xonar DG because it's better than most sound cards in it's range, even ones that more expensive. I mean, unless you use a nice set of headphones, and are a heavy music listener, you should be ok with integrated.
  8. Best answer selected by indrakurs.
  9. samuelspark said:
    If you're going to buy one, go for the ASUS Xonar DG because it's better than most sound cards in it's range, even ones that more expensive. I mean, unless you use a nice set of headphones, and are a heavy music listener, you should be ok with integrated.


    ok then :) my friend told me to try listen from integrated sound card. I think that will be ok for me
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Speakers Motherboards Components Product