OverClocked I7 3770k Temps

jad1983

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hey Guys so i built a new gaming system a little bit ago. I have a i7 3770k with a Corsair H100 on it. I have been using HWmonitor and was wondering if someone could give me some info on the temps i getting. I have Overclocked the 3770k To 4.4GHZ using my maximus v formula MB software. I am getting an idle Temp of about 35 degrees. Now playing Far Cry 3 for about 4 hours while running HW and My max Temp on the 4 cores is about 65 degrees. I was wondering what others are getting and if these temps are good for 4.4GHZ Overclocked and can i go to 4.6 without any issues? thanks guys.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

this isnt true. my cpu needs just as much voltage at 4.4 then at 4.6 but heat increases 5*c between the two.

thats really high from what i understand. that is what it takes for sandy bridge cpus and ivy bridge cpus need less voltage at a given speed to be stable. try lowering it and see how it goes.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

change it to offset voltage and start at like -.01 and decrease it as much as you can. DO NOT USE a program to overclock automatically that are very well known to over volt cpus.

earl45

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
This is how I run my machine all day, everyday.
47.png

and have been as high as this without changing voltage.
TheImpossible.png

rewben2

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
As long as 65 is the absolute highest temperature then you should be fine, that's nearing the max. Core speed does affect the temp but voltage does more, I think you should just stick with that. Maybe you could even possibly lower the voltage down a notch and see if you could raise the core speed a tad?