Closed

Which is a great PSU

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
December 6, 2012 12:07:12 AM

When i build my Gaming PC i made the mistake on buying a RAIDMAX PSU :pfff:  :pfff:  i called customer support and they told me that i had 3 years warranty for the PSU but i had to pay for shipping and there was no gurantee if the problem wont happend again :heink:  so instead of returning it i rather just buy a better one, Now i know why there reputation on power supply units are so bad :lol:  , Anyway my PSU is starting to crap out on me after 6 months of continuse use, Im getting BSOD on startup before the OS starts to load and the pc keeps restarting itself till the PSU can supply enough voltage for it to start up it got to the point where it started to annoy me and one of my friends told me to replace it before it does damage to my hardware or worse, im on a low budget and have my eyes on 2 power supply units and would like to know what you guys think, is it enough Watts for my Rig, should i buy one of them or if you can recommend me one, i know that Corsair and NZXT makes great PSUs or at least better then what Raidmax can come up with.

Newegg PSU Calculater, calculated that i need at least 750 Watts, Do i need more or less???

Thank you guys for the help in advance :bounce:  !!!

NZXT HALE82-N NP-1BN-0750A-US 75

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W

Budget $150 US

Pc Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 OC 4.5GHz
MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme4
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6850 x2 CFX
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB 2GB x4
HDD: WD Blue Label 320GB x2 Raid 0
CPU Cooler: Antec H2O 620 IDLE 20c/MAX 55c
PSU: Raidmax RX-850AE
Keyboard: Logitech G110
Mouse: Logitech G500

More about : great psu

Best solution

a c 311 ) Power supply
December 6, 2012 12:19:24 AM

nitroexplosion said:
When i build my Gaming PC i made the mistake on buying a RAIDMAX PSU :pfff:  :pfff:  i called customer support and they told me that i had 3 years warranty for the PSU but i had to pay for shipping and there was no gurantee if the problem wont happend again :heink:  so instead of returning it i rather just buy a better one, Now i know why there reputation on power supply units are so bad :lol:  , Anyway my PSU is starting to crap out on me after 6 months of continuse use, Im getting BSOD on startup before the OS starts to load and the pc keeps restarting itself till the PSU can supply enough voltage for it to start up it got to the point where it started to annoy me and one of my friends told me to replace it before it does damage to my hardware or worse, im on a low budget and have my eyes on 2 power supply units and would like to know what you guys think, is it enough Watts for my Rig, should i buy one of them or if you can recommend me one, i know that Corsair and NZXT makes great PSUs or at least better then what Raidmax can come up with.

Newegg PSU Calculater, calculated that i need at least 750 Watts, Do i need more or less???

Thank you guys for the help in advance :bounce:  !!!

NZXT HALE82-N NP-1BN-0750A-US 75

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W

Budget $150 US

Pc Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 OC 4.5GHz
MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme4
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6850 x2 CFX
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB 2GB x4
HDD: WD Blue Label 320GB x2 Raid 0
CPU Cooler: Antec H2O 620 IDLE 20c/MAX 55c
PSU: Raidmax RX-850AE
Keyboard: Logitech G110
Mouse: Logitech G500

Hi - Even though you don't really need a 750w PSU, it's a good route to take.
Of the two you are looking at, I would opt for the Corsair HX.
7yr warranty

If the NZXT were the gold rated model then it would be a toss up

Tom

December 6, 2012 3:45:59 AM

Best answer selected by nitroexplosion.
Score
December 6, 2012 3:49:26 AM

toyftw said:
Hi - Even though you don't really need a 750w PSU, it's a good route to take.
Of the two you are looking at, I would opt for the Corsair HX.
7yr warranty

If the NZXT were the gold rated model then it would be a toss up

Tom

Thank you so Corsair it is, Later on i would be upgrading my GPU to a 7000 series and maybe even CFX, would 750 still be enough for both GPUs or will i need more watts.

Score
!