Nokia 6239 Radio

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the loudspeaker
without having the headphones connected?
11 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6239 radio
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Should be 6230 sorry !

    "Bernie Mac" <adampriestREMOVE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the loudspeaker
    > without having the headphones connected?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    No, the headphones cord acts as the FM antenna. You cannot turn on the
    radio without the headphones connected. You can use a mono headset rather
    than the stereo headphones though.

    --

    \/ L /\ D

    Should be 6230 sorry !

    "Bernie Mac" <adampriestREMOVE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the loudspeaker
    > without having the headphones connected?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Thanks for your help

    "Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
    > No, the headphones cord acts as the FM antenna. You cannot turn on the
    > radio without the headphones connected. You can use a mono headset rather
    > than the stereo headphones though.
    >
    > --
    >
    > \/ L /\ D
    >

    > "Bernie Mac" <adampriestREMOVE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Should be 6230 sorry !
    >
    > "Bernie Mac" <adampriestREMOVE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the loudspeaker
    > > without having the headphones connected?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Prior to the stampede Bernie Mac tryped

    > Should be 6230 sorry !
    >> Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the
    >> loudspeaker without having the headphones connected?

    You can do it with the mp3 player so don't see why not.

    --
    ><((((º> Bert Root® <º))))><
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Did you totally ignore the above posts? THE HEADPHONE ACTS AS AN ANTENNA!!!
    NO ANTENNA NO SIGNAL!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<cehggt$4ea$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>...
    > Did you totally ignore the above posts? THE HEADPHONE ACTS AS AN ANTENNA!!!
    > NO ANTENNA NO SIGNAL!

    Despite this, my experience is yes, it will work without the
    headphones BUT you need to plug the headphones in first, then remove
    them.

    Simon Clark
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    NOPE ASKS YOU TO REINSERT HEADPHONES!!!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Did you totally ignore the above posts? THE HEADPHONE ACTS AS AN
    ANTENNA!!!
    > NO ANTENNA NO SIGNAL!

    I would quite like to be able to use the radio through the speaker with the
    headphones plugged in as well. I find all headphones uncomfortable for long
    periods and would like to listen for a time on headphones then switch to
    loudspeaker for a while. By leaving the headphones in you still have an
    antenna. Is this possible.

    Cheers, JL
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Yes, with the headphones plugged in, you can switch between the headphones
    and the loudspeaker. I can't recreate what Simon said about unplugging the
    headphones once the radio is working, however.

    --

    \/ L /\ D

    "JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Did you totally ignore the above posts? THE HEADPHONE ACTS AS AN
    ANTENNA!!!
    > NO ANTENNA NO SIGNAL!

    I would quite like to be able to use the radio through the speaker with the
    headphones plugged in as well. I find all headphones uncomfortable for long
    periods and would like to listen for a time on headphones then switch to
    loudspeaker for a while. By leaving the headphones in you still have an
    antenna. Is this possible.

    Cheers, JL
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:<410d2088$0$63666$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>...

    > I would quite like to be able to use the radio through the speaker with the
    > headphones plugged in as well. I find all headphones uncomfortable for long
    > periods and would like to listen for a time on headphones then switch to
    > loudspeaker for a while. By leaving the headphones in you still have an
    > antenna. Is this possible.

    Press Menu then Loudspeaker when in Radio mode.

    Tariq
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Tariq Atchia" <xycom1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > I would quite like to be able to use the radio through the speaker with
    the
    > > headphones plugged in as well. I find all headphones uncomfortable for
    long
    > > periods and would like to listen for a time on headphones then switch to
    > > loudspeaker for a while. By leaving the headphones in you still have an
    > > antenna. Is this possible.
    >
    > Press Menu then Loudspeaker when in Radio mode.
    >
    > Tariq

    Thanks, Vlad & Tariq.

    Cheers, JL

Nokia Mobile Radio