Nokia 6239 Radio

Last response: in Brands
July 31, 2004 8:01:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the loudspeaker
without having the headphones connected?

More about : nokia 6239 radio

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 8:02:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Should be 6230 sorry !

"Bernie Mac" <adampriestREMOVE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the loudspeaker
> without having the headphones connected?

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 8:02:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

No, the headphones cord acts as the FM antenna. You cannot turn on the
radio without the headphones connected. You can use a mono headset rather
than the stereo headphones though.

--

\/ L /\ D

Should be 6230 sorry !

"Bernie Mac" <adampriestREMOVE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the loudspeaker
> without having the headphones connected?

July 31, 2004 9:07:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Thanks for your help

"Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
news:p cCdndQXM8veW5bc4p2dnA@comcast.com...
> No, the headphones cord acts as the FM antenna. You cannot turn on the
> radio without the headphones connected. You can use a mono headset rather
> than the stereo headphones though.
>
> --
>
> \/ L /\ D
>

> "Bernie Mac" <adampriestREMOVE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Should be 6230 sorry !
>
> "Bernie Mac" <adampriestREMOVE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the loudspeaker
> > without having the headphones connected?

Anonymous
August 1, 2004 5:13:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Prior to the stampede Bernie Mac tryped

> Should be 6230 sorry !
>> Is it possible to have the radio on a 6230 play through the
>> loudspeaker without having the headphones connected?

You can do it with the mp3 player so don't see why not.

--
><((((º> Bert Root® <º))))><
August 1, 2004 6:20:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Did you totally ignore the above posts? THE HEADPHONE ACTS AS AN ANTENNA!!!
NO ANTENNA NO SIGNAL!
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 6:20:37 AM

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<cehggt$4ea$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> Did you totally ignore the above posts? THE HEADPHONE ACTS AS AN ANTENNA!!!
> NO ANTENNA NO SIGNAL!

Despite this, my experience is yes, it will work without the
headphones BUT you need to plug the headphones in first, then remove
them.

Simon Clark
August 1, 2004 2:25:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

NOPE ASKS YOU TO REINSERT HEADPHONES!!!
August 1, 2004 9:55:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Did you totally ignore the above posts? THE HEADPHONE ACTS AS AN
ANTENNA!!!
> NO ANTENNA NO SIGNAL!

I would quite like to be able to use the radio through the speaker with the
headphones plugged in as well. I find all headphones uncomfortable for long
periods and would like to listen for a time on headphones then switch to
loudspeaker for a while. By leaving the headphones in you still have an
antenna. Is this possible.

Cheers, JL
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 9:55:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Yes, with the headphones plugged in, you can switch between the headphones
and the loudspeaker. I can't recreate what Simon said about unplugging the
headphones once the radio is working, however.

--

\/ L /\ D

"JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Did you totally ignore the above posts? THE HEADPHONE ACTS AS AN
ANTENNA!!!
> NO ANTENNA NO SIGNAL!

I would quite like to be able to use the radio through the speaker with the
headphones plugged in as well. I find all headphones uncomfortable for long
periods and would like to listen for a time on headphones then switch to
loudspeaker for a while. By leaving the headphones in you still have an
antenna. Is this possible.

Cheers, JL
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 9:55:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:<410d2088$0$63666$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>...

> I would quite like to be able to use the radio through the speaker with the
> headphones plugged in as well. I find all headphones uncomfortable for long
> periods and would like to listen for a time on headphones then switch to
> loudspeaker for a while. By leaving the headphones in you still have an
> antenna. Is this possible.

Press Menu then Loudspeaker when in Radio mode.

Tariq
August 2, 2004 3:46:55 AM

"Tariq Atchia" <xycom1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message
>
> > I would quite like to be able to use the radio through the speaker with
the
> > headphones plugged in as well. I find all headphones uncomfortable for
long
> > periods and would like to listen for a time on headphones then switch to
> > loudspeaker for a while. By leaving the headphones in you still have an
> > antenna. Is this possible.
>
> Press Menu then Loudspeaker when in Radio mode.
>
> Tariq

Thanks, Vlad & Tariq.

Cheers, JL
!