1000-1500 gaming build

newtogaming25

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: By the weekend

Budget Range: 1000-1500 (the lower the better)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, HTPC, some school work, minor photo editing

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Parts Preferences: Intel

Overclocking: In the future

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200

Additional Comments: I dont plan on overclocking this out of the box. I will only overclock later on when the computer needs more power.

Whats important to me: I want the computer to be quiet, and able to handle all current games on ultra settings. I want a case with great cooling options, like the rosewill thor v2, haf 932 advanced, etc. I also am shooting for reliability, I dont want to have to worry about things breaking because they had poor QC. If I can save money and get a lower priced build in my budget that would be awesome!

SSD- I like the idea of an ssd but I would not be placing my OS on it, I would only use it for booting games. I dont need my system to boot up as quickly as possible.

regarding why you will not put the os on the SSD. i personally think, no offense, but that is pretty stupid. the whole point of SSDs are supposed to increase boot times and thats about it. SSDs dont suffer as much as HDDs in terms of bloatware that you throw onto a computer (ex like how you feel that the computer is slowly slowing down compared to when you first bought the system)

for the case, i put it there because it has the best airflow of most cases but not the most silence. if you are to get a silent case, id get a corsair 550D or a fractal define R4 when the boat from sweden comes over in the next month or so

newtogaming25

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
I get that not putting the OS on the ssd dosnt make sense. But this computer will be booted up and I will walk away from it, so I dont really care how long it takes. I have a mac for work/school so I dont need a computer thats up in a very short time and ready to go. What I do want though is to click a game and have it have next to no load time.

redeemer I like that build, let me get some opinions on that build with these changes.
motherboard- asus maximus v gene
HDD- Newegg has a special on the samsung ecogreen f4
PSU- This http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182071
Unsure if paying less there will get me lower quality?
GPU- EVGA 670 ftw+

Let me know what you guys think.

the seasonic one is the one that i would get.

there is more than enough space to put games and the OS all into the SSD

if you are to boot off of a green hard drive, it would be slowwww.

if you are getting a maximus board, why not get the gigabyte sniper m3 as it has about the same features for a cheaper price

newtogaming25

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Actually that Asus board has a 10% off with it plus the combo with i5. But if that sinper m3 board is better then I will get it. When I compared them I thought the Asus had more, but if anyone can clear that up for me I Would appreciate it.

Oh well this is more on the lower side of budget but a simple stock/no OC config

$869AR
Untitled-735.jpg

so with OS about $969AR?

newtogaming25

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Thats a nice build for cheap, I would prefer to be able to overclock though in the future. I considered dropping the high end graphics card and buying something that will run 1080p for awhile till the gk110 cards are released.

newtogaming25

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
But when the price difference is 10$ with current deals why not get the 3570k? Damn seems like other people will post these new build help things and get all these responses full of information. I ask very specific questions and get no straight answers. Mod can close this, Ill research it myself.