Subject: Re: Device Manager in XP Home
From: "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com>
Sent: 4/14/2005 4:17:54 PM

Run devmgmt.msc or if it is truly gone, create another
one by running "mmc /a", adding the device manager plug-
in
and saving that to devmgmt.msc in %windir%\system32.

Ref: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security
Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp
/choose.mspx

---------------------------------

"Tony" wrote:

| My Device Manager has stopped working. When I try to
| access it, I get the error message "ACTION CANCELLED"
as
| it tries to access the Internet.
| Can someone help, please.
| Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about device manager home

    Tony,

    Type this in Start, Run:

    regsvr32 dmocx.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks, Carey. I tried what you suggested in your message
    > below, but I am still getting the same error- "Action
    > Cancelled" when I try to access the Device Manager. Could
    > it be that my Microsoft Management Console(MMC)is also
    > corrupted?
    >
    > Thanks for any further help.

    Thanks very much Ramesh. It works.

    You're very welcome. Thanks for letting me know!

    --

    > Thanks very much Ramesh. It works.

Configuration Device Manager Microsoft Windows XP